res://ieframe.dll/acr_error

I couldn't get a fix on this error on Google. It starts back when IE 8 was first introduced. IE gets stuck on the home web site with the following in the address bar. - res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll... And says This tab has been recovered and then just repeats itself.

On the web there are some posts that suggest that this is a virus/spyware problem.

I deleted and reinstalled IE8 and ran Malwarebytes V1.5 with the latest definition update and it did not catch anything.

I have three computers with this problem. WinXP SP3, IE8

I couldn't get a fix on this error on Google. It starts back when IE 8 was first introduced. IE gets stuck on the home web site with the following in the address bar. - res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll... And says This tab has been recovered and then just repeats itself.

On the web there are some posts that suggest that this is a virus/spyware problem.

I deleted and reinstalled IE8 and ran Malwarebytes V1.5 with the latest definition update and it did not catch anything.

I have three computers with this problem. WinXP SP3, IE8

Had the same problem yesterday, resetted IE8 to default, that solved it.

Just hope it was not a virus/spyware problem.

Forgot to mention that to get to Internet explorer, I right clicked on the desktop icon, properties, advanced and reset.

Sorry, sometimes I confuse XP and Vista.

I ended up getting a MS Mr. Fixit proghttp://forums.malwarebytes.org/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon1.gifram that does the reset for you. The idea that you gave me was my fix. The MS program did the reset on the file level. :)