System Tool 2.20

bigvig

Hello there, new guy here. Ive been reading over this forum since yesterday, when my PC started acting up. Turns out its infected with the Systems Tools 2.20. Im on my wifes PC right now because I basically cant do anything on my PC. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im running XP professional. Any other info thats needed I can get. I appreciate the help.

:)

Please don't attach the scan results, use Copy/Paste

Download the tools needed to a flash drive or other USB device, and transfer them to the infected computer.

If the tool won't run from the desktop, try running it from the USB device.

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop

Download Mirror #1

Download Mirror #2

• Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
  • To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
  • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
  • It doesn't take long to run, once it is finished move onto the next step

Next:

Note: if the Cure option is not there, please select 'Skip'.

Please read carefully and follow these steps.

• Please download
TDSSKiller.zip
  • Extract it to your desktop
  • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • Press Start Scan
  • Only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
  • Then click Continue > Reboot now

[*]Copy and paste the log in your next reply

[*]A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root directory, root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

please post the contents of that log TDSSKiller log.

When I start my PC, its gives me these options:

Safe Mode

Safe with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last known Good Configuration

Start Windows Normally

It has a timer running down and says "Seconds until Windows Starts" and if it hits 0 it just sits there. Yesterday I could turn it on and it started fine, it would just go crazy from the System Tool thing. Today, this. Any suggestions? I appreciate the help....GREATLY

PS: Can I pull the hard drive and hook it to a PC with a USB line that has Norton and scan it and clean it that way?

Glad we could help. :rolleyes:

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Here is what Im doing:

I cannot get past startup. When I turn on the PC it gives me the screen with the startup options, even if I F8, and I cannot do anything. I can highlight one and hit enter, then some windows32 codes come up and it freezes. Thats it, nothing.

So, I got out an old tower and tried to connect to the internet to download this stuff, then I was going to pull the hard drive from the one infected and connect it via USB and scan it manually with Norton, McAfee, malwarebytes, etc., but I cannot get on the internet for some reason. I dont know if its because my tower has been packed away for 5 years and not updated or what, but either way.....

So, I pulled that drive and my wife brought her PC home from school. First of all, she is a teacher and the last thing I want to do is get her in trouble with her school computer so Ive been reluctant to do anything. What I was hoping to do is download Norton/McAfee free trial to the old tower, put it back in the tower and USB the infected drive to it and scan it. no such luck. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to install a program on the drive when its connected to my wifes PC via USB. When I download it, it doesnt give me an option to download it to the "E" drive instead of "C" drive, so it installs on her PC. So, I figure its on there, Ill scan the old tower drive and make sure its OK first. Well, its scanning right now and has found some stuff so we'll see how that goes.

I really dont want to download much to her school PC, one, and two, I really dont want to have to hook the infected drive (systems tools drive) to her PC to scan and clean it in case something happens. I dont want her getting into trouble.

So, does anyone know how I can install downloaded programs onto the "E" drive when hooked to my wifes PC via a USB link? If I could get that done, I would be able to USB my infected drive to my tower and clean it that way, but I cannot seem to download and install anything on the tower drive, so Im double screwed.

Its my own fault, I know, but it really sucks that this stuff can happen so easy and fast. I REALLY appreciate any help I can get, Im leaving for a week in 2 days and I NEED my PC to go with me, BADLY!!!!!

IDE Sata to USB. Not sure if what I wrote made sense, but Im trying to use my old PC to fix the new one, but I cant get on line with the old one, so Ive pulled its drive and Im using the IDE Sata cable to hook it to my wifes so I can get the appropriate cleaners on my old PC, then Ill use the IDE sata line to hook the infected drive to my old PC and clean it. HOPEFULLY! I really appreciate the help too. Thank you so much.

Says its going to overwrite any existing data and it will be lost. Cant afford that. So am I out of luck then? Should I take it somewhere? Ive got a lot of personal stuff on it (photos, business docs, etc.) so Im a little nervous about dropping it off at a PC store. Any ideas? Im really stressing on this one, Ive basically lost my computer.

OK, tried it and read that entire link you gave me and tried his stuff too, thanks a bunch. Unfortunately, when I try to do it, it doesnt give me the option of an "R" when I get to where it says read warning #2 if there is no repair option.

So, basically, last question because Im currently packing to go away for Christmas, if I hook this drive to a PC that has Symantec or Norton or Malwarebytes, will those programs pick up the crap on the disc and be able to at least block or, and/or remove it all together, or is that wishful thinking? I only have access to my wifes work PC now, so I feel like Im taking a BIG risk by using the IDE Sata-USB line. Should I NOT do that? Thank you so much for your help.

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!