BSOD 0x00000024 (NTFS.sys)

I've begun to notice an issue where running a Quick Scan on a system with a removable device plugged in causes the system to Bluescreen with 0x00000024 in NTFS.SYS. I've tried a few different versions of Malwarebytes, on more than one computer. If the flash drive is plugged in before the scan starts, and left in while scanning, there is about a 33% it'll Bluescreen. If I try to eject the drive while the scan is running, it will Bluescreen every time. Always the same error and file. I looked up the error, and it says it has something to do with the file system... so I ran a disk check on both the internal drive and the flash drive, but no errors were returned. Rebooting the system and scanning again usually completes just fine.

The only reason the flash drive is plugged in is because that is where I have the installer for Malwarebytes. I keep it there because my friends have a tendency to come to me for tech support, and I always recommend they run a Malwarebytes scan. It's by far the best anti-malware tool I've ever used.

-System Details:

-Computers:

-Dell Optiplex 7 series (tried a 745, 760, and 780)

-Dell latitude D series (D620, D630, D6410)

-Various other systems, including an HP Pavilion, and My custom Desktop (Intel based)

-Flash Drives:

-I only have Cruiser Micro Drives, but they vary in capacity. 2Gb, 8Gb, and 16Gb

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?