I am putting together a VistaPE disk to use at work and i would like to add mbam to it. However i have never been able to get it into barpe and it is now also giving me an error in VistaPE too.

the error is Error loading database. #0. (0).

i have tried the manual update mbam-rules, but it didn't fix.

any help would be great :), this is the best tool i have found for making my job a crapload easier, it replaced spybot for me

um, use at work, not use to work :)

i havent been able to get it to work on partpe or vistape, im just wondering if there is anything i can try to get it to work.

does this error mean that the database cant be found, is mbam looking for the data relitave to its path or does it install somewhere weird?

It installs files in different locations to make it Windows Vista UAC and Windows XP limited account compatible.

Just guessing, but could that be the source of the problem--installing files to different locations?

To work on a PE CD, wouldn't the app have to be fully installed on the CD itself, as a portable app? If it only works if files are installed at different locations on the HD, wouldn't that make it hard to install on a PE CD?

Just guessing, but could that be the source of the problem--installing files to different locations?

To work on a PE CD, wouldn't the app have to be fully installed on the CD itself, as a portable app? If it only works if files are installed at different locations on the HD, wouldn't that make it hard to install on a PE CD?

if i had a list of the files and the path specificly that mbam was looking for them at i could patch something together. i know there are tons of people out there that would love to see a bartpe compatible version of this great app. and soon people will be movin to vistape because its better.

so any more help or details would be great :D

• 3 months later...
I kind of got this working. had to download the new version of malwarebytes and do the updates. Then I had to recreate the PE package. I get some errors when I scan but it works about 50% of the time. Been a while cant remember exactly how i did it.

It doesn't matter. MBAM's detection capabilities will be severely limited from a PE disk, so there's no point in doing it.