MalwarebytesPro 1.50 realtime protection and AVG 2011 seems to be working

sonic0170

After read forum after forum after forum i was about to completely give up on avg 2011 working with malwarebytes real time protection module until i just said eff it and started adding PUP exceptions, adding files to the allow list in the identity theft sub-options and adding to the excluded files in the resident shield sub-options and well i restarted a couple times opened internet explorer, gta4, and ccleaner with no freezing or hangs at all.

in avg advanced options under tools=

in identity theft-allow list, in resident shield-Excluded files, and in PUP exceptions i added

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

PLEASE anyone still having issues with malwarebytes PRO 1.50 and AVG 2011 free try these solutions and tell me if it works cause im ecstatic that i can finaly use both of what i feel are the best combo in malware and virus protection.

I also added the entire avg folder in program files to malwarebytes ignore list just in case

This post was originaly posted in AVG FREE forums by me and i still ask ppl to test out my solution

I think you might be missing a couple :D

make sure you have these under the Resident Shield exclusions n you should be good to go

Folders

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

Files

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamcore.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

your welcome,

there were some compatibility issues in the past between AVG & MBAM I think they've since been resolved someone from the staff will correct me if I'm wrong. you should be ok now post back & let us know how its working or if any other issues arise

Well malwarebytes and avg 2011 do work together now but i still see major issues not a conflict but the software of avg 2011 and i since reverted back to avg 9 I truly hope they make there antivirus work as well as it used to.

I dont really understand why updating to avg 2011 seems to feel like a downgrade how sad that there QC is sleeping on the job.