Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

MalwarebytesPro 1.50 realtime protection and AVG 2011 seems to be working

sonic0170

After read forum after forum after forum i was about to completely give up on avg 2011 working with malwarebytes real time protection module until i just said eff it and started adding PUP exceptions, adding files to the allow list in the identity theft sub-options and adding to the excluded files in the resident shield sub-options and well i restarted a couple times opened internet explorer, gta4, and ccleaner with no freezing or hangs at all.

in avg advanced options under tools=

in identity theft-allow list, in resident shield-Excluded files, and in PUP exceptions i added

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

PLEASE anyone still having issues with malwarebytes PRO 1.50 and AVG 2011 free try these solutions and tell me if it works cause im ecstatic that i can finaly use both of what i feel are the best combo in malware and virus protection.

I also added the entire avg folder in program files to malwarebytes ignore list just in case

This post was originaly posted in AVG FREE forums by me and i still ask ppl to test out my solution

I think you might be missing a couple :D

make sure you have these under the Resident Shield exclusions n you should be good to go

Folders

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

Files

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamcore.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

your welcome,

there were some compatibility issues in the past between AVG & MBAM I think they've since been resolved someone from the staff will correct me if I'm wrong. you should be ok now post back & let us know how its working or if any other issues arise

Well malwarebytes and avg 2011 do work together now but i still see major issues not a conflict but the software of avg 2011 and i since reverted back to avg 9 I truly hope they make there antivirus work as well as it used to.

I dont really understand why updating to avg 2011 seems to feel like a downgrade how sad that there QC is sleeping on the job.