Reviews

I've searched the forum and got most of my questions answered. The biggest outstanding one is why can I not find any reviews or evaluations of Malware Bytes?

I have used MBytes for a number of years as my secret weapon. But one inherent problem is that unless one pays, it does not protect in real time.

• Staff

Reviews are out there. HOWEVER most dont compare us against the same type of applications. We are not an antivirus and can not be compared to such.

We have priced the software more than reasonable at 24.95 for a lifetime license. Unfortunately this does take manpower and money to research and add definitions to protect against stuff.

Reviews are out there. HOWEVER most dont compare us against the same type of applications. We are not an antivirus and can not be compared to such.

We have priced the software more than reasonable at 24.95 for a lifetime license. Unfortunately this does take manpower and money to research and add definitions to protect against stuff.

Thank you but now I'm confused. Do you mean that you do not manage viruses as part of your anti malware arsenal? If I bought MBytes would I need another antivirus app as well? I'm not trying to be difficult but am considering handing you $ for multiple licenses (for the whole family). Your concept of lifetime license is a fair deal, yeah we all like to eat consistently.

Thank you but now I'm confused. Do you mean that you do not manage viruses as part of your anti malware arsenal? If I bought MBytes would I need another antivirus app as well? I'm not trying to be difficult but am considering handing you $ for multiple licenses (for the whole family). Your concept of lifetime license is a fair deal, yeah we all like to eat consistently.

Qualification AVG just let me down today with a scareware virus, my son contracted. I am feeling pretty insecure right now.

Yes you will still need an anti-virus program to run along side Malwarebytes, because Malwarebytes is designed to run along side your anti-virus catching things your anti-virus fails to detect. Malwarebytes PRO has a web blocker feature that would have prevented the infection you son just got.

One note though, the latest version of AVG has some issues with Malwarebytes PRO and I am not sure if AVG has sorted that out as of yet.

You may consider going to Aviar, Avast or MSE, that with the right configuration will work like a champ.

Yes you will still need an anti-virus program to run along side Malwarebytes, because Malwarebytes is designed to run along side your anti-virus catching things your anti-virus fails to detect. Malwarebytes PRO has a web blocker feature that would have prevented the infection you son just got.

One note though, the latest version of AVG has some issues with Malwarebytes PRO and I am not sure if AVG has sorted that out as of yet.

You may consider going to Aviar, Avast or MSE, that with the right configuration will work like a champ.

AVG 2011 seeems to have issues with a lot of security software. It was telling me that it was not compatible with Zonealarm and would not update because I refuse to connect w/o a firewall. I will likely get MBAM to go along with the MS antivir for the whole family. The first reasonalble MS action in a LOOOOOOONG time. I added Win7 to my PC and cannot figure out how to allow my Office 2007 to work on the new platfrom. I can't find the CD (or key) and to get the magic XP emulation you have to throw MS a bunch more $.

Thank you for your kind attention :)