can't download anti-virus software

Hi, I really need some help so I can have my computer for finals.

I'm trying to get rid of a virus (or spyware, not sure what it is). I've tried downloading a couple different anti-virus programs (Avira and Malware Bytes) but every time the "System Tool 2.20" blocks the running of the application. I have even tried saving it onto the desktop under a different name, but the same thing happens each time.

Please help if you have any insight. Thank you!

post-32477-1261866970.gif

Please don't attach the scans / logs, use "copy/paste".

Try downloading and running the tools in Safe Mode with Networking:

Restart your computer.

After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.

In some systems, this may be the F5 key.

Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.

Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and press 'Enter'.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!