Cannot update - Then cant use MAB

it gave me a message that said this version cannot support the update. I have the latest version 1.5 - It was doing this with the earlier versions as well and is why I updated a few days ago.

when it gets to the end of the update it slams my serenity through the speakers and screen the error message stated above.

It wont even let me open MAB.

So i uninstalled, re-installed can only use it with no updates.

I dont use norton or macafee.

obviously this is an going issue and i REALLY LOVE MAB, so what can I do?

thanks in advance.

Please provide following details, so that someone may be able to assist you:

• 1. OS version including 32/64-bit
    2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall and Program Versions
    3. MBAM version (current 1.50) (Free or Pro)
    4. Definition version (current 5302)
    5. Do you use a router to connect to Internet
    6. How much Ram is installed

Thank you all for quick reply, I wasn't expecting that and certainly appreciate it.

i'm not extremely techie anymore, so forgive any ignorance on my part.

I have uninstalled mbytes... rebooted, then used the mbam-clean.exe to get the rest out, rebooted, re-installed mbytes with no other protection software running, rebooted - updated and same thing happened. took a screen shot.

** also have a scrn shot of yesterdays successful update (im weird like that) *

I had this problem with an earlier version of mbam as well. i waited a few days and reinstalled and it updated fine for about 30-40 days, even with the v1.50 and updates until this AM;'s update.

* not using any firewall as far as I know,

Win XP SP2 (firewall is turned off) - maybe AVG when operating?

Programs used to clean/search the system: I have been using w/ success - keeping all updated daily if possible:

** (all are the free versions) **

- Malwarebytes Free version 1.50 (also cannot get the scan to appear in context menu - its checked)

- WIPE 2011 * no updates*

- Ccleaner v3.5 - the smaller ones that go w (defraggle, recuva, speccy)

- Avg 8.5 updated

- Spybot S&D updated yesterday

- Little Registry cleaner

- Acleaner (previously Privacy & reg cleaner)

- HAD RTC3 but its expired (so its uninstalled) and I don't have the $10 bucks or id buy it - awesome program for cleaning the DAT files out). id pay for the full version of mbytes too if i had it.

System:

ASUS M2N-SLI, 64x2 Dual Core 5000+ AMD Black Ed CPU, 2 gig Ram, (all working up to par)

Hughes net Satellite directly wired/connected to router - (currently not using Belkin wireless)

2.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 373MHz (5-5-5-18)

is this what you need to know?

PS: HOW would I do a manual update?

thanks again

post-62491-1292194720_thumb.jpg

post-62491-1292194744_thumb.jpg

It looks like you have done some work there....

OK we need to get you updated as well..... You are running Windows XP Home but only have SP2.....

It would be a good idea to update to SP3 as support (including new security updates) ends July 13, 2010 for SP 2:

As Discussed HERE

Also you are using AVG 8.5, which is also outdated, one thing to keep in mind is that the new version of AVG has issues with Malwarebytes and I am not sure if they have fixed that, you may consider uninstalling AVG and going with a different FREE anti-virus program like Avira, or MSE.

as for manual updates you can do this....

Manual Update of Definition Database

If you cannot update the database to the latest version within the MBAM window, you may follow the instructions below and update it manually:

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from HERE -

***NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program.

**NOTE: Please note though that this should be a last resort and if at all possible you should attempt to download updates from within the program.

Once the system is clean and stable again you should update again from within the program.