Unable to boot to desktop after installing MaywareBytes

Hello all newbie here to the forum.

I posted this also under the PC section. I need an answer to this as it is happening on several computers on a network I administer.

They are XP SP3 machines. Basically just an office build with one DB client front end client machines. Very basic.

I have been using the free version of Malwarebytes and the program has worked wonders.

A few days ago I bought the full program for a few PC's I administer. Well two of them so far have been having issues after rebooting.

The user logs in and does not get any icons. No Hour glass nothing.

I have resolved this by powering down the PC via the finger. Bootting back up and logging in with an admin account. Uninstalling MBytes and rebooting. I am then able to log back in as the user and the machine works fine.

I have looked around and was unable to find the answer.

Anyone experience this.

Unless there is a known fix I am going to disable start when windows starts. Then I will be losing the real time protection and the reason I paid for the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Root Admin

Hi Taylor I'm thinking maybe you had that issue from the 1.29 installer.

Please try the 1.30 installer and see if it has the same issue. Download a new copy of it and try it out.

If this is the issue I think it has been resolved now even if you do an update from within the program.

Let us know please.

Hi Taylor I'm thinking maybe you had that issue from the 1.29 installer.

Please try the 1.30 installer and see if it has the same issue. Download a new copy of it and try it out.

If this is the issue I think it has been resolved now even if you do an update from within the program.

Let us know please.

I sure will. I will try tonight and report back. Thanks!