Win32.AutoRun.tmp & Spyware.OnlineGames, Two problems now

Kay

• Root Admin

Once you're satisfied that it is no longer experiencing this shutdown issue then please re-install and update your ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus software. Then run it for a while with just ESET installed for security software and make sure you're still not experiencing any issues.

Please keep us posted on the results

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ron,

Well, there doesn't seem to be any issues with ESET installed. I've left the computer on and awakened it several times and am not getting the unexpected shutdown msg anymore that seemed to be related to hibernation or sleep.

The ESET driver issue that I detailed in post #70 maybe taken care and part of the problem beside having too many anti- programs.

Can I run MBAM and just ESET realtime without creating more problems? If so, then the next step is to reinstall, re-register MBAM, and see if it is no longer blocked on startup.

Also, I just bought my husband a new computer with Win 7 Pro and I have installed the same programs on his computer as I did on mine; so I will need to remove some of them. Some run out of subscription time in a few months anyway.

What I find interesting is that I've had my computer since the spring of 2008 and this is the first time I have had problems of this sort and I have always had the same or similar programs installed.

Thanks, Kay

• Root Admin

You can install MBAM now and register it and enable the protection module but FIRST make sure you go through the interface for ESET AV and setup the proper file and folder exclusions otherwise you may find it freezing or having issues.

Between ESET and MBAM both in continuous live protection mode and running daily update schedules along with the Web blocking module enabled it really is very difficult to infect your computer.

Nothing wrong with using some of the other scanners as on demand scanners just in case but I'm not really aware of anyone that has gotten infected when Windows updates are up to date, AV from one of the top vendors up to date and running, and MBAM Pro with both protection modules running. In every case I've seen it's because the user had one or the other disabled or not working properly or windows updates way behind, etc.

Setup and working properly as explained above and you should be well protected.

We don't have an example for ESET but there are examples for exclusions for other AV products here to help assist you.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

Hi Ron,

Well, everything seems to be working fine this morning. I am going to not reinstall Spysweeper. I don't know that that program was an issue but I think that ESET Smart Security and MBAM should be enough kept fully updated.

I can't thank you enough for guiding me through this puzzle. Next on my agenda is to stop some of the autoruns on my husband's computer and remove Spyweeper also.

Thanks again, Kay

• Staff

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!