Malwarebytes Anti-virus

jordan00191

Hi my names Jordan, and I swear by your program.

Though I know your antimalware program only removes malware, it would be

absolutely awesome if you were to make an antivirus program at the same

standard of quality that Your antimalware program is based upon.

Im talking a program that was free, and a piad version, eg: like avast, avg, avira etc.

that removed not only malware, but spyware, and other viruses. Just generaly all

known types of malicious programs. I am sure that many programers like me would

be glad to help you out with coding, and dections of viruses.

To be honest with you, I think that the release of an antivirus would

benefit your company and the virus protection assets immensely.

I hope you take my word of advice as an idea for a future product that could

potentially save someone's computer.

As I said, I use your program everyday and install it on every computer I

fix and I love it.

Regards,

Jordan

Hi my names Jordan, and I swear by your program.

Though I know your antimalware program only removes malware, it would be

absolutely awesome if you were to make an antivirus program at the same

standard of quality that Your antimalware program is based upon.

Im talking a program that was free, and a piad version, eg: like avast, avg, avira etc.

that removed not only malware, but spyware, and other viruses. Just generaly all

known types of malicious programs. I am sure that many programers like me would

be glad to help you out with coding, and dections of viruses.

To be honest with you, I think that the release of an antivirus would

benefit your company and the virus protection assets immensely.

I hope you take my word of advice as an idea for a future product that could

potentially save someone's computer.

As I said, I use your program everyday and install it on every computer I

fix and I love it.

Regards,

Jordan

I just want to give an AMEN.

I swear by this program over any other.

An anti-virus program would be a great idea. Its really hard to find a light weight effective anti-virus program these days. Actually, you cant find any!

So i'm very sure you'd have a decent size niche you could almost call it. Aiming this product at people like me and Jordan, who know know a decent amount about computers. Or you could take the very misleading path that most large anti-virus companies take. To bloat up your computer with a big shiny program, with a thousand sub features that most PC users wouldn't even use. We just want an efficient, effective anti-virus program. Heck I haven't even been using an anti-virus program for the last 2 years. Ive just done regular scans with freeware Malwarebytes and reformatted every 6 - 12 months. Just recently bought the licensed version and i'm loving it.

I don't have any skills to offer such as Jordan's, but i'm sure my opinion will be carried by many others.

Great job guys.

I just want to give an AMEN.

I swear by this program over any other.

An anti-virus program would be a great idea. Its really hard to find a light weight effective anti-virus program these days. Actually, you cant find any!

So i'm very sure you'd have a decent size niche you could almost call it. Aiming this product at people like me and Jordan, who know know a decent amount about computers. Or you could take the very misleading path that most large anti-virus companies take. To bloat up your computer with a big shiny program, with a thousand sub features that most PC users wouldn't even use. We just want an efficient, effective anti-virus program. Heck I haven't even been using an anti-virus program for the last 2 years. Ive just done regular scans with freeware Malwarebytes and reformatted every 6 - 12 months. Just recently bought the licensed version and i'm loving it.

I don't have any skills to offer such as Jordan's, but i'm sure my opinion will be carried by many others.

Great job guys.

Thanx matt.

I know how you feel about not finding an approriate anti-virus that will do the job.

You really dont need any bling or fancy things, just a basic antivirus program that in total,

would make a great provention program against many threats that lerk the internet.

Thanx for the support Matt!!!!!

Y'know guys I've been lurking on this forum for many, many months and today I had to join just to reply to this thread.

Are you both the same person?

Either that or you're acquainted?

Please do a search, your topic of discussion has been brought up many times and shot down just as many.

It's a suggestion I've seen on many other anti-malware forums concerning other anti-malware programs and it's always shot down....always.

A good canned answer is that "we focus on what we're good at".

You're talking 2 completely different beasts when dealing with virii and malware.

And then there's the "business model".

Writing software is not easy, thousands and thousands lines of code and they have to be perfect or you end up with a buggy unstable program.

Then that program you write has to be compatible with every darn program out there.....browsers, operating systems etc.

Oh yeah, then you have to hire the people to perform the work....and any program such as an anti-malware or AV requires around the clock work once it's been developed.

To quote part of Jordans post "To bloat up your computer with a big shiny program, with a thousand sub features that most PC users wouldn't even use."

That's a common misconception. If a program is written properly it doesn't matter how big or how many features it has, it will work fine. But then again, in this industry that program has to run alongside many others that may not play well with others.

I'm done ranting now.

Welcome to the forums, there are some wonderfully helpful people (several of whom know me)......

Y'know guys I've been lurking on this forum for many, many months and today I had to join just to reply to this thread.

Are you both the same person?

Either that or you're acquainted?

Please do a search, your topic of discussion has been brought up many times and shot down just as many.

It's a suggestion I've seen on many other anti-malware forums concerning other anti-malware programs and it's always shot down....always.

A good canned answer is that "we focus on what we're good at".

You're talking 2 completely different beasts when dealing with virii and malware.

And then there's the "business model".

Writing software is not easy, thousands and thousands lines of code and they have to be perfect or you end up with a buggy unstable program.

Then that program you write has to be compatible with every darn program out there.....browsers, operating systems etc.

Oh yeah, then you have to hire the people to perform the work....and any program such as an anti-malware or AV requires around the clock work once it's been developed.

To quote part of Jordans post "To bloat up your computer with a big shiny program, with a thousand sub features that most PC users wouldn't even use."

That's a common misconception. If a program is written properly it doesn't matter how big or how many features it has, it will work fine. But then again, in this industry that program has to run alongside many others that may not play well with others.

I'm done ranting now.

Welcome to the forums, there are some wonderfully helpful people (several of whom know me)......

I know how difficult is sounds Bob, but really if you look at it the right way it becomes simple.

Imagine a simple blueprint for an antivirus that only needs the bare nassesities for protection of your computer.

Well designed updates, built to support a stable and powerful, yet effective scanner that is not only powerful enough to rid of the main virus componentts, but also the deeper roots of the virus as well.

I who is a very passionate and part time programmer, have made many programs like this, but are not always as good as a huge encorperation with many designers and even better programmers with more effective strings of code in mind.

Hopefully though, Malwarebytes will see the way i am trying to steer this idea.

BTW: I am not related to anyone in this forum.

Thanx for commenting.

Great input guys, but making an Anti-Virus would be the end of Malwarebytes. They can barely keep up on fighting all the malware (barely meaning it is a CONSTANT fight). It's better to be specialized in one product and try to corner the market with it :). This is all just my humble opinion, and I love the company, so whatever they make I will be happy with :), but I think an Anit-Virus would be detrimental towards MC at this point. (MC = Malwarebytes Corp. :))

Great input guys, but making an Anti-Virus would be the end of Malwarebytes. They can barely keep up on fighting all the malware (barely meaning it is a CONSTANT fight). It's better to be specialized in one product and try to corner the market with it :). This is all just my humble opinion, and I love the company, so whatever they make I will be happy with :), but I think an Anit-Virus would be detrimental towards MC at this point. (MC = Malwarebytes Corp. :))

I see what you mean.

I know what your trying to get at, as there is alot of malware, and not all programs do a good job (exept for Malwarebytes).

I do beleive that you may be right, but if the system was linked to the malwarebytes Anti-Malware system, it could run very

effeciently and smoothly.

Thanx for your input!!! :)

:):) :) :)