I GOT SUCK IN

Hi there, Im from Australia.

Well tonight i had a phone call from an over sea's number, it was an indian man, claiming to be working for windows.. Now i know now how stupid it all sounds, but i have had my computer for abt 4mths and is only now really beginning to use it.. He told me that my computer was sending error/bugs msg's the main control, and that my computer actually had alot of virus's... I said to him "how the hell has that happened? He told me that my warranty had ran out and i would have to renew it? I allowed him to access my computer from logmein123.. Im so angry with my self.. I had no idea.. Then after he said yes it was full of bug etc, i would have to pay 170 dollars for my software warraity to be updated, this was the only way my computer could be fixed. The company's and website that took me to was "24x7pchelp.com".. From there on I knew something was up, I told them to give me 15 mins while i find my credit card, and to call back.. I rang a friend with much more history in computerd than i, they told me to GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE! The company called back 4-5 times, i let it ring out. So what do u think those bastards did to my poor helpless computer? I have since changed all my password, done multiable scans, reported the site and is doing a Malwarebytes scan.. I dnt know much abt these sort of things, but it is 3:10am, this happen at 8pm, ive been reseaching everything possiablke since.. Would they have accessed my details or do u think they jst wanted details over the phone.. ;):)

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Difficult to say for sure if they did anything or not. They may have just wanted to scam you into paying the fee.

I would follow the advice below and have one of the experts help you to scan for any Malware.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!