Problem updating on windows vista

xboi209

I know i have to right click and click run as administrator for mbam to open and allow me to update. But i've seen some programs that are allowed to be opened in the user account and when something needs admin password, it just asks for admin password. An example is updating windows defender.

Greetings ;)

You only need to do that if you're running in a limited or standard user account. If you are logged in as an administrator (even on Vista or Windows 7) you will receive a User Account Control prompt whenever you open the program and it will be able to update without you needing to right-click on it.

The reason it does not work that way in limited or standard user accounts is so that users with these account types can still scan their computer without having to know an administrative password.

Greetings ;)

You only need to do that if you're running in a limited or standard user account. If you are logged in as an administrator (even on Vista or Windows 7) you will receive a User Account Control prompt whenever you open the program and it will be able to update without you needing to right-click on it.

The reason it does not work that way in limited or standard user accounts is so that users with these account types can still scan their computer without having to know an administrative password.

I know all of that already, but in some programs you can open them without an admin password and do stuff that doesn't require admin password.Although when you do something that requires admin password, the pop up opens up asking for admin password.In a standard account on windows vista, you can turn on the feature where mbam starts with windows, but it starts as a user account. When you click on the update tab, you can't click on the update button at all, my suggestion is the button is clickable and a pop up box comes up asking for admin password.

I agree with that. It would be nice if the program could execute with non-admin privileges and prompt for administrative cretentials (ie, a UAC pop up) when an action that requires them is attempted. It's on my list of requested features that I've submitted to the developers ;).

Thank you for the suggestion :)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

It would be very important to update the database is done transparently and without user intervention with limited account in Windows Vista, 7, as do anti-virus software as ESET, the program updates require approval of the Administrator, but that updates to the database not required.

It is tedious in systems with limited user account, make updates to the database manually.

Thanks