Can't start most programs in my Admin account

myosotis

Hello~! I'm really new here, and I've seen some really helpful posts, so I'm hoping one of you may be able to help me as well.

I'm not certain what is wrong with my computer (well, I suspect it's some kind of virus, but not certain what it is). On my main account, I can't run any anti-viral software or any of my internet browsers (I use primarily Chrome). I can open my media player and play files, however I can't open any .exe files or run most of the programs that have already installed. When I try to open them, I get an error that states 'filename' has been infected, run anit-virus? And it prompts me to this page to purchase an anti-virus software (webpage is atvain.com if I remember correctly). I can't get rid of it, and on the occasion my browsers open, it sends me to a page that states the following page can be infected, and I can't proceed. However, these issues appear only on my one account, so I assumed it was local to that account. When I use my other Admin account, everything is fine. I've ran AVG, Spybot, Adaware, and am currently using ESET to scan my computer. I've removed all infected files that appeared, but I'm still having the same issue on my other account.

I'm not really certain what to do at this point apart from back-up my files (but I'm worried one of those files could have already been infected and corrupted which has gone undetected) and do a system restore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello~! I'm really new here, and I've seen some really helpful posts, so I'm hoping one of you may be able to help me as well.

I'm not certain what is wrong with my computer (well, I suspect it's some kind of virus, but not certain what it is). On my main account, I can't run any anti-viral software or any of my internet browsers (I use primarily Chrome). I can open my media player and play files, however I can't open any .exe files or run most of the programs that have already installed. When I try to open them, I get an error that states 'filename' has been infected, run anit-virus? And it prompts me to this page to purchase an anti-virus software (webpage is atvain.com if I remember correctly). I can't get rid of it, and on the occasion my browsers open, it sends me to a page that states the following page can be infected, and I can't proceed. However, these issues appear only on my one account, so I assumed it was local to that account. When I use my other Admin account, everything is fine. I've ran AVG, Spybot, Adaware, and am currently using ESET to scan my computer. I've removed all infected files that appeared, but I'm still having the same issue on my other account.

I'm not really certain what to do at this point apart from back-up my files (but I'm worried one of those files could have already been infected and corrupted which has gone undetected) and do a system restore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I forgot to mention I've also used Malwarebytes and removed all infected files as well (it found 6 errors but I hadn't kept the log).

hello, I am not sure if i can help you out, However, I Had many a virus/malware/etc Probelms over the past 15 years or so, I have to be thruthful here, I have fixed most of them on my own, because most programs I had used , didnt really work too well, Anyways, just recently, about 2 weeks back, I ran into a simular problem, I had a virus, and ran AVG and Malware, it found lots of things and I cleaned them up, However, when I booted back up, it seems the problem was still there, so here is what i did to try to sovle this on my own, Assuming your running Vista/Xp..first this I did was after foot up I hit the ctrl-alt-delete keys all at once...Which brings up the Task Manager, I looked at currently running tasks to see if there was anything running, in there that shouldnt be, if there was I would have ended the task and then located the path to the file and deleted it, if you find it normal there...then lets try this, I dont Know of your anti virus program options. however, if you have the option to scan a certail folder on your computer only...try going to your main drive, Then going to your windows folder...then the registry..do a scan of that area only...when I did..my AVG suddenly found the trojan locked in there...Amazing it did..because as I have said earlier, when i rand a full deep scan..it found a list of thing and cleaned it up, however, it seem to have missed this trojan/virus..for some reason, but on manual scan of just the registry, it found it...and rid it off my system..i rebooted..and presto...system was back to normal...and then I booted a few times again...and ran my programs and it ran very well...then I did a backup...hope this helps you out, i'll keep and eye out for any post from you..too see what happens, but I would check the registry with the virus scanner and only that area...GoodLuck!

Hi, and Welcome to Malwarebytes!

First off, I am sorry that no one has noticed your post.... Second.... You seem to still have an infection on your computer......

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button instead of other ones when you start replying. :lol: