error occurred after update

Win 7: the same thing happened to me with same error message. Follow 'Name Cool's, advice BUT after uninstall, run mbam cleanup utility, then reboot. Also, very important (as in my case) TURN OFF ANY ACTIVE/REAL TIME ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM THAT YOU HAVE RUNNING, then install the upgrade. Re-activate your anti-virus softeware after installing.This worked for me. Hope this helps

Guest name cool

Is there any error messages? Please attach a screenshot.

And also must update your system to the latest definitions.

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Maybe a malware on your system OR another Antivirus/Firewall progam doesn't allow you to start MBAM.

Try this: temporary disable all other Antivurs/Firewall/Antispam programs so they aren't running and

try to start MBAM. If it starts then you know it's likely due to the other software. In that case exclude

MBAM in the other software (see: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=167851 )

If not try to start Windows on boot with F8 in secure mode and then try to start MBAM.

Thanks, I did shut down anti virus and ad aware and it made no difference mbam still doesn't open. Also booted up in safe mode and on trying to open mbam got the following message: 0X001a624b reference memory could not be written.

Keystagegolf

Hmmm all that info sounds like a computer related problem (hardware- disk or memory)

try a windows harddisk check for errors or swap memory if possible to test this and rule out...

(would I do to pinpoint the problem) Is MBAM the only program which? has problems

Yes and scans by my anti virus and ad aware don't show anything. Thanks

after a Google about 0X001a624b it seems it is malware related after all.

(A lot of posts are pointing to it so...)

One solution I've seen was RENAMING the .exe of MBAM so it could start.

It seems some malware disables MBAM and S&D Spybot. Mostly AV progs

run but do nothing (there goes your money..)

If you rename the .exe and are able to start MBAM run a full scan and delete

possible malware but DON'T forget to rename the .exe of MBAM to it's original name

BEFORE it asks you to reboot...

Guest name cool

What is the "anti-virus" like the one you use? What is your system?

You should understand what happened to the computer the last time? If you suspect that the "malicious software" Maybe you have inflammation in your computer. And you should scan your system for any infections are unpleasant and begin to remove. This program will help you. And you can download it here SUPERAntiSpyware

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thank you, I downloaded Super anti Spyware but I cannot run it. It appears that something is blocking my anti spyware programs from running.

Keystagegolf.

Then I believe it's time the experts on this forum help you to go trough

the steps needed to help you with the malware.

If you have the Pro version you can also contact support directly with email.

Thanks, I have tried all the four options shown to solve the problem and none of the symptoms showed up with the various scans "RootRepeal" + others.

How can I transfer my file from this forum to the Malware removal forum without starting a new topic and copy pasting everything. Sorry to appear so uninformed..

• Staff

Hi Keystagegolf,

Since you are not able to run Malwarebytes and other Antispywarescanners - It certainly looks you are dealing with malware.

Can you verify something for me please?

Please go to start > run and type devmgmt.msc

This will open your device manager.

Expand the "System devices" part and let me know if the entry: [cmz vmkd] Virtual Bus is present there. It has to be that EXACT name.

Many thanks for all your help. I seem to be over the problem...! I could download SuperAntiSpyware but it wouldn't run just like MBAM. However I renamed it and scanned. It removed 60+ unwanted files and 3 false alarms. MBAM now works so I don't need to go on the Experts forum.

Once again I appreciate the effort you guys make to help us newbies.

Keystagegolf. ;)