Trojan Dropper Affecting Google Chrome, Vista and Now Wireless Adapter

bunbun

A few weeks ago, my computer started having problems: first, every few minutes I would get messages "Google Updater has stopped working," "Google Chrome has stopped working," "Windows Media Player has stopped working," "Notepad has stopped working,' etc. Then my internet browser would three times out of four not load a page (using Google Chrome), no error message would show up, just the tab page would go white. Less often, the google redirect virus would occur, redirecting me to different sites after searching.

I then downloaded MalwareBytes which found a Trojan Dropper. After quarantining and deleting it, now my wireless network isn't working. I can plug in directly to the modem. However, my laptop now tells me 'this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured."

I am running Windows Vista on an HP Pavilion laptop.

Here are my MalwareBytes logs:

Most recent:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

12/4/2010 10:28:06 PM

mbam-log-2010-12-04 (22-28-06).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)

Objects scanned: 320093

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 10 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

November 24:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

11/26/2010 9:42:15 PM

mbam-log-2010-11-26 (21-42-15).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 128208

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\Users\Lizzie\AppData\Local\Temp\0.14125738927363285.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Any help is appreciated. I apologize if I wrote too much or if I was not savvy enough.

Hi,

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1

Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Here is a guide on how to disable them:
    Click me
    If you can't disable them then just continue on.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!