POSSIBLE BUG?

On mondays, I always check here for update for use of mbam. There seem to be a kinda large update this morning. I download & installed and then ran a scan. The scan came back clean!!!!

I just finish running a TREND-MICRO scan and it found a "joke-trojan, and it found it @ C:/PROGRAM FILE/MALWAREBYTES'ANTIMALWARE/MBAM-DOR.EXE. I am running the scan again to see what it does.

Should I maybe delete malwarebytes and do a reinstall?

again info would be appreciated....

thank you

Guest bugmenot

This sounds like a false positive. Actually, mbam-dor.exe seems to be considered malware by other software too, there's been a few posts on the forum recently about it.

I doubt a reinstall would help, but I'd wait for one of the mod's opinions.

Try uploading the file to VirusTotal:

http://www.virustotal.com/

I have the same thing happening, this is my first time using malwarebytes and I hope this is a temporary FP. Trend Micro reports a "joke-trojan, and it found it @ C:/PROGRAM FILE/MALWAREBYTES'ANTIMALWARE/MBAM-DOR.EXE.

I did download this to virus total and it comes up clean.

Does anyone here know how to report this to Trend Micro as a FP?

Great, another False Positive...

I've let Marcin know, so either him or Bruce will contact Trend Micro, and see about getting it fixed.

GREAT, but let me tell what I have done. I deleted ALL the files for malwarebytes, and then did a restart of the computer.

I then downloaded your software again and I re-ran the trend-micro scan, and it says again that there is a

joke -- trojan with the same info as in my first post.

So, please let us know what we should do. I do trust malwarebytes a lot, and would hate not having it

on my computer!

Thank you

scott

So, please let us know what we should do. I do trust malwarebytes a lot, and would hate not having it

on my computer!

This is an issue with Trend Micro's heuristics, and they need to fix it. All we can do is contact them, and provide them with evidence of this false positive. Once Trend Micro verifies this, they should white list MBAM so that our software is no longer reported as a trojan by their software.

We've had a few of these here recently. McAfee, ClamAV, and one or two others were producing false positives all on the same file.

This is an issue with Trend Micro's heuristics, and they need to fix it. All we can do is contact them, and provide them with evidence of this false positive. Once Trend Micro verifies this, they should white list MBAM so that our software is no longer reported as a trojan by their software.

We've had a few of these here recently. McAfee, ClamAV, and one or two others were producing false positives all on the same file.

OK, I thought I might be without your software....

I appreciate you checking this, and posting back!

Great site, Even greater software!

keep up the great work!

thanks

OK, I thought I might be without your software....

While we don't have any control over what the anti-virus software companies do with their databases, most of them will update to prevent a reported false-positive. Normally it takes them a couple of days to take care of it, but I guess that's the least we can ask for since we are competing with most of them for real-time anti-spyware protection.