Malware Bytes Won't Update

(Quote doesn't work in this forum ...)

I wrote:

>I get the error MBAM-ERROR updating (5,0, Creatfile) Access denied. With a suggestion that I should report it.

>

>What is wrong here?

Have I posted in the wrong forum?

Greetings :(

Please verify that you are logged in as an administrator. If you are not, then you will need to right-click on the shortcut to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and select Run as administrator in order for the program to allow you to download updates.

(Managed to get Quote to work - different to other forums I use).

I ran the update as Admin, but get the same error. The update window appears to download a 5.52MB file a number of times before crashing with the same error.

(Managed to get Quote to work - different to other forums I use).

I ran the update as Admin, but get the same error. The update window appears to download a 5.52MB file a number of times before crashing with the same error.

Close MBAM, delete the rules.ref in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

(Directory may be hidden, unhide in Explorer's map-extra's)

Restart MBAM and manual update.

Don't be sure if it works but give it a try, it's a few clicks and can't do anything wrong.

@ Cheemag -

Please also list all other security programs installed (Antivirus with its update version , and any installed Firewall) -

It's only just started to do this. It used to update normally.

Antivir is Avast v5.0.677

Windows Firewall, can't find version etc.

Close MBAM, delete the rules.ref in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

(Directory may be hidden, unhide in Explorer's map-extra's)

Restart MBAM and manual update.

Don't be sure if it works but give it a try, it's a few clicks and can't do anything wrong.

'Fraid it didn't work. Same error. ;)

I have the same issue. I had this same issue in the past with 1.45 and I fixed it by uninstalling and running the clean MBAM tool. That worked in the past, it's didn't work now....

Right. Thanks. I'll do that when I've tracked down the clean tool - can't do any harm !