2 questions

1) At my lap I have installed Avira AntiVir Personal. Can the protection module operate without conflict with her?

2) When the protection module is on (active), I see that occasionally blocks some Web addresses. The question is this: if I have an active JDownloader, does he by any chance to block the server from which the transfer takes place?

1) At my lap I have installed Avira AntiVir Personal. Can the protection module operate without conflict with her?
Yes. I've run this combination myself more than once as have several users here on the forums and I haven't had or heard of any conflicts or problems.
2) When the protection module is on (active), I see that occasionally blocks some Web addresses. The question is this: if I have an active JDownloader, does he by any chance to block the server from which the transfer takes place?
It might, yes. Particularly if one or more of those servers is shared by a malicious website. This happens because several websites can be on the same IP address/server.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes. I've run this combination myself more than once as have several users here on the forums and I haven't had or heard of any conflicts or problems.

It might, yes. Particularly if one or more of those servers is shared by a malicious website. This happens because several websites can be on the same IP address/server.

Thanks for answer, but I think that servers which use rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, mediafire,... can be trusted, and I can't see reason to have activ MAMB's protection modul when I download from this servers. This put in question reason way I have MAMB instaled on my Lap, if I can't download from trusted servers. I believe this is very important, not only for me, and think that MAMB's Team must do something with this issuses, if it is. :lol:

but I think that servers which use rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, mediafire,... can be trusted

You might want to re-think that considering they are file sharing sites, not to mention 3 out of the 4 have a BAD WOT rating

and think that MAMB's Team must do something with this issuses

I believe they already have, :lol:

What the IP Protection Module Does

I'm not satisfyed with that answer, because I download mostly video files from this servers, and can't see which malicious content can be in movie rar archive.

And I will ask another thing: is it possible to put JDownloader at some exclusive list in MBAB, so he not interupt his job?

• Root Admin

Is the download being blocked or you just see the IP block message and assume it doesn't work?

If you're certain it is one of the major download sites and it is being blocked then you can right click on the tray icon and add it to your own list of IPs to allow and the program will no longer block that IP.