crash during scan

Hi, I received a crash during the first scan after updating.

The PC is quite old, so I should at least mention that .

AMD K6 3+ @ 550Mhz. (from 1999)

256 MB RAM. Here's the info from the event log in Windows 2000:

Application popup: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: mbam.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcaff8" referenced memory at "0x00300030". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Greetings :(

Please do the following to see if it corrects the issue:

• Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Now perform another scan, but this time leave the Shuriken option enabled as it should be able to complete now. Please post back with the results.

I recreated the problem but I can't see a place to save a log.

From the file menu there is save workspace - I tried it but it didn't do anything.

Any thoughts - I'll look around a bit more later today.

(I told you I was not that familiar with the debugger environment).

Please do the following:

Create a Crash Dump:

• Click on START and select Run
  • In the Run box type or copy/paste drwtsn32 and press Enter or click on OK
  • In the Dr. Watson for Windows verify the paths shown in Log File Path and Crash Dump which should be the following:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp

[*]Next to Crash Dump Type: make certain that Full is selected

[*]Make certain that under Options the following are all checked:

• Dump Symbol Table
    • Dump All Thread Contexts
    • Create Crash Dump File

[*]Click on OK

[*]Now replicate the memory error by opening and then closing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[*]Once that's done, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft and right-click on the Dr Watson folder and choose Copy

[*]Close the explorer window and right-click on your desktop and select Paste

[*]Right-click on the Dr Watson folder which you should now see on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

[*]Attach the Dr Watson.zip file you just created to your next reply if it is small enough. If it isn't then please upload it to RapidShare by clicking on the Upload File button on that page and browsing to the Dr Watson.zip file and selecting it

[*]Once the upload completes you'll be given a link for the download, please copy and paste that link into your next reply