Problem re-enabling Symantec Corporate & SQL Server Service Manager

OK, I was able to find this fantastic site, and remove the pain that was XP AntiSpyware 2009.

The problem is that Symantec is still showing auto-protect disabled, and if I click re-enable, the icon on the system tray changes momentarily, and changes right back to showing disabled (circle with the line through it)

Also, I have SQL Serer Service Manager installed, and I can seem to restart the service, this started when my computer got infected last night. I click start, and nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Root Admin

Do a Live Update from within Symantec Corporate and it will probably fail on the first download which is a smaller but it will recognize that and ask to do another update, just say yes and let it get that update which will be much lager this time. That normally fixes it. If that does not then doing an Add/Remove should have an option to repair the program but my experience is that the Live Update normally fixes it.

If this cleanup you did happened last night and you did it on your own then you may want to follow these directions as you may still have something on the box. Malwarebytes is an Excellent tool but nothing is 100% all the time.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.