Low-Priority for silent processes , error-logs identification , GUI dates

JRF

Hello , these are my suggestions not acknowledged yet (compiled here as directed by Marcin)

1- Updates and Scans with -silent should automatically run with "Priority Bellow Normal = 6" (I have tested this value) to not disrupt other computer tasks on slow-CPU machines ,

or there should exist a "-lowpriority" command line parameter .

2- Logs presenting any detection or blocking could have the filenames with a literal appended after the time-stamp , to facilitate the analysis and list cleaning , e.g.

mbam-log-2010-11-14 (07-26-38) DETECTION.txt

protection-log-2010-11-15 DETECTION.txt

3- The two Dates presented in the GUI Update tab (for Current DB Info and Latest News) should conform to standards , in the same way the DB-date is presented in the systray icon tooltip .

--------------

Thanks for your continuous research and product improvement .

• 5 weeks later...

While MBAM team is evaluating/developing my suggestions above , I am using this

workaround to have the MBAM processes run with Low-Priority , if somebody is interested about :

-- drop any MBAM internal schedule you may have

-- create a Schedule Task , or Shortcut , or Script , or an entry in your launcher

-- choose from the list below the proper process entry , to be copied as the application path to run .

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "MBAM (priority=6) Update -silent" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /update -silent

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "MBAM (priority=6) Scan Flash -silent" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /scan -flash -silent -remove -reboot

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "MBAM (priority=6) Scan Quick -silent" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /scan -quick -silent -remove -reboot

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "MBAM (priority=6) Scan Full -silent" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /scan -full -silent -remove -reboot

Notes :

1- the four entries above are for XP ; they must be adapted accordingly to be used with Vista or Windows 7 .

2- if you do not want to run the process silently , or if you do not have MBAM Pro :

just remove from the chose entry all occurrences of -silent -remove -reboot .

3- the Scan Flash entry above can only be used with MBAM Pro .