Broken.SecurityProviders

Good morning. I just updated to release 1.29 and ran MB. It identified one infection titled Broken.SecurityProviders that affected the Registry Data.

A previous post indicates that this is not a true infection but, instead, a correction to the underlying script. MalwareNet indicates that it is an infection. Can you help me determine:

- which of these two it is? And,

- if it is an infection, what kind of damage could it have done?

Thanx. --John

Good morning. I just updated to release 1.29 and ran MB. It identified one infection titled Broken.SecurityProviders that affected the Registry Data.

A previous post indicates that this is not a true infection but, instead, a correction to the underlying script. MalwareNet indicates that it is an infection. Can you help me determine:

- which of these two it is? And,

- if it is an infection, what kind of damage could it have done?

Thanx. --John

It is not an infection and never was, however you should allow MBAM to repair it. There was a broken protection in the earlier version of MBAM and this fixes that.