Download updates without using MB

I recently reinstalled windows and..... didn't install MB yet :D

My PC is infected and can't access internet anymore with that PC.

I still had MB 1.46 on my hard disk so I installed it (full version)

A scan found a few problems. Problems removed and rebooted as MB suggested.

The trojan is still very much alive :)

Because the trojan blocks internet MB can't update defenitions. So basicly defenitions are at least a year outdated.

Is there a way to download defenitions using another PC without MB and then transfer the defenitions with an USB stick?

I just downloaded MB v1.5 in the hope it has more up to date defenitions.

But before I install that one I would like to know if my 1.46 registration key still works with 1.5.

Also important for me to know is that v1.5 tries to validate the key on the MB server.

In that case it would fail because I have no Internet connection. And I have a none working 1.5 which is even worse that an outdated 1.46 :D

A few things I know about the trojan.

It keeps creating files in the Prefetch directory. They can be easily removed but a few seconds later the first one is back again.

So the trojan must be monitoring that directory. MB doesn't seem to locate that monitoring program.

I can't say for sure but I think the trojan is related to the one I got on my laptop that I reformatted and reinstalled Win XP on last night.

It worked fine and I could access internet. Because I needed to transfer some files I connected it to my network.

Less than 5 minutes later internet on the laptop didn't work anymore and a fake virsus scanner started. The "Buy me" type of junk.

My main PC doesn't have that error but that likely because Eset NOD32 can contain the trojan (partly)

NOD32 keeps finding freshly created "file.exe" and 100.jpg.exe

Likely that are the fake virus scanner programs

I'm using Win 7 64-bit

Hi Hacked -

The experts Malware removal forum is most likely the best area to repost -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow ->What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a ->New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :D