I thought I'd repost this with a different title, I know it might be frowned upon, but really it has nothing to do with being in a corporate setting, it's just that we have many users. It would be the same for any user that doesn't double click to open MB. Will it update without opening it?

It seems like people receive the download for the new version, but it doesn't install itself automatically. This is something we ran into from 1.45 to 1.46 and was something that was going to be fixed moving forward. Is there something I'm missing? Will it install automatically because it doesn't seem like it's doing that.

Thanks again!

If you have the PRO version (paid version) it will do that. It automatically updating mine. When was the last time you had a fresh copy of Malwarebytes 1.50 and did you put it on top of 1.46 ?? please reply...

I had 1.46 and I waited for the update, but I wound up double clicking on the icon, and that's when it asked about the update. It said it had downloaded it, and that I needed to install it. I'm looking to have it automatically install without double clicking on each one.

I had 1.46 and I waited for the update, but I wound up double clicking on the icon, and that's when it asked about the update. It said it had downloaded it, and that I needed to install it. I'm looking to have it automatically install without double clicking on each one.

Sorry, I do have the Pro Version. Forgot to mention it.

Here's an idea for you to try -- with the last 4-5 users, I've had good results...

Post back if you continue below and let us know how things are going? regards....

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us we will explain how to do it.

Thank You - ;)

Here's an idea for you to try -- with the last 4-5 users, I've had good results...

Post back if you continue below and let us know how things are going? regards....

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us we will explain how to do it.

Thank You - ;)

I can't see going through all that when the problem in the first place is that what we have to do now is double click on it and then it asks to install. It will install, that's not the problem. The problem is having it do it automatically, without interaction from users. So this isn't a solution, but thank you.

I would advise on the info up on post 5, a fresh clean install of 1.50 is what you should get? Is there a reason why you don't want to go that route. to many pc's?

Yes, there are 130+ machines, and again, it will install if I just double click on each one of them, but I don't want to have to do this every time there is an update to MB.

• Root Admin

For most Corporate users setup to be fully silent and also having their users on limited accounts then there is no way to alert that it needs your approval to install the program update and reboot the box.

The best thing to do is either use your current deployment tools such as SMS, Kaseya, etc.. or use a computer startup script to install the new version and restart the computer as part of the update process.

You cannot use a logon script as that only uses the rights of the user on the computer. You need to use a startup script if using that method.

Logon Script FAQ

http://www.rlmueller.net/LogonScriptFAQ.htm

I'm not sure what email address you're using to contact Corporate Support but most inquiries are answered within hours of being received.

email for Corporate Support: corporate-support@malwarebytes.org

This email address is for Corporate Technical Support only and you must include an order number to obtain support.

We do not answer Consumer support inquiries or pre-sales inquiries at this e-mail address.

Thank you

I know what he is getting at as well...

I have seen it do this on home computers...

MBAM keeps download the def updates, and it downloads the new version, but it does not install the new version unless you pysically open the program yourself, then it notifies you that there was a program. Isn't it suppose to install on its own?

Even with the setting under the Settings Tab, Updater Settings and having the Download and install program update if available checked?

I know what he is getting at as well...

I have seen it do this on home computers...

MBAM keeps download the def updates, and it downloads the new version, but it does not install the new version unless you pysically open the program yourself, then it notifies you that there was a program. Isn't it suppose to install on its own?

Even with the setting under the Settings Tab, Updater Settings and having the Download and install program update if available checked?

Right, if the program update is checked the program SHOULD install on the background but at the moment this

isn't the case because a popup asks you to install.

Better would be an automatic install when this setting is enabled, when it's disabled a popup with a notify there is

a program update available but no download or install.

(Or a choice; - auto download and install, - download and notify but no instal, - notify only.)