program exceptions not working

Hi,

Love your program. I have the paid full version w/protection module. Version 1.50, Windows Vista x64 SP2. I have added the program emule.exe to the allow list but it still keeps blocking the program. I've tried disabling and re-enabling protection/website blocking, restarting MBAM, to no avail.

Thanks for your assistance!

9sxniv.jpg

2ily43p.jpg

Welcome to Malwarebytes! If I understand you want to go to that site? Then Go to your Malwarebytes on the Taskbar - rt. mouse click on the icon and Add to Ignore List.Post back and let us know if that works for you? I don't think the option is in the free version.... regards..

Currently excluding a program does not exclude the connections it makes to potentially malicious websites. While we do not endorse the use of filesharing software/peer-2-peer software, if you are going to be using it and you do not want any connections blocked, it is recommended that you disable the Website Blocking mechanism while using such programs and then enable it again once you're no longer running them.

Currently excluding a program does not exclude the connections it makes to potentially malicious websites. While we do not endorse the use of filesharing software/peer-2-peer software, if you are going to be using it and you do not want any connections blocked, it is recommended that you disable the Website Blocking mechanism while using such programs and then enable it again once you're no longer running them.

Thanks. I don't quite understand the logic behind excluding programs from scans and the protection module, but not from connections...?

- Ability to include or exclude potentially unwanted programs (PUP), potentially unwanted system modifications (PUM), and peer-to-peer software (P2P) from scans and protection module detections.

That's for detecting them with our database. We'll actually soon be adding detection of installed P2P software with this classification but that is separate from the Website Blocking mechanism.

Is this a feature we can request? Or is this non-negotiable? It would be kind of nice if the user could determine if their program can contact (what MBAM determines is) a malicious website/IP address, rather than disabling the website protection entirely.

Hi -

At the moment , the Add to Ignore List can only allow the IP of the program to be allowed - As you have done with the other IP -

Please read Section G of the FAQ area , linked below

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

Thank You -

EDIT -

If you think the program is OK , then you can submit it to the False Positive area for review -

Is this a feature we can request? Or is this non-negotiable? It would be kind of nice if the user could determine if their program can contact (what MBAM determines is) a malicious website/IP address, rather than disabling the website protection entirely.

Absolutely, in fact a user did recently request this specific feature so we've already added it to our list of items to be considered for future implementation ;).