false positive with windows 7 dvd maker

Just after updating the new 1.50 final on two windows 7 64bit system's, MBAM started detecting window's dvd maker on both computer's with a full scan,

c:\program files\dvd maker\en-US\dvdmaker.exe.mui (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> No action taken.

This is definatly a false positive, please fix.

Just after updating the new 1.50 final on two windows 7 64bit system's, MBAM started detecting window's dvd maker on both computer's with a full scan,

c:\program files\dvd maker\en-US\dvdmaker.exe.mui (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> No action taken.

This is definatly a false positive, please fix.

Actually both system's are flaging two files,

c:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-o..sc-wizard.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_102a16b698e56faf\dvdmaker.exe.mui (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> No action taken.

Please zip and attach dvdmaker.exe.mui to your next post.

Sorry, found the mui file but how do i zip this for an attachment this with 7zip?

I have the same issue see attached develper log and zipped file

note additional file that is hidden $ was reported as being infected that is located in the Recycle Bin and recycle bin empty selection is greyed out.

c:\$Recycle.Bin\s-1-5-21-1949081175-1407664903-3057075481-1000\$LJ7VN7.mui

dvdmaker.exe.zip

mbam_log_2010_11_30__06_39_54_.txt

Please note that I had a previous third file detection that was not picked up in the /developer scan. it was located as follows:

c:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-o..sc-wizard.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_102a16b698e56faf\dvdmaker.exe.mui (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I have the same two false positives after upgrading to the new 1.50 version.

Hello, I'm not getting a false positive with 1.5 and updated database, but what happens to me is when scanning, the program looks like it's frozen when scanning certain files. They are all .PNG files as far as I can tell in the DVD Maker folder on my Windows 7-64bit notebook. At lease one in the Skype folder, a .PNG file also.

It's hard to tell how many files are doing this as it freezes for 3-5 minutes per file, then moves on and eventually finishes the scan, 2+ hours total time sometimes.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

What antivirus are you running? Have you added exceptions for MBams files? By default we really don't scan png files as they are graphic files.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm Using ZoneAlarm (most updated version and database) on all 3 computers. Other 2 scan without any problems. Didn't have to configure ZA at all on other 2 cpu's. Other 2 are XP Home, not Win7-64bit. When scan finishes, says there are no problems. When it seems to be frozen, I can't do anything on the computer until it's done with the file, not even task manager.

That's what I though, that .png's are graphic files. It's displaying the file on the screen when it's frozen, so that's why I'm assuming its scanning the png's.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Ok please add these scan exceptions/exclusions/ignorelist in zonealarms antivirus.

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

If that doesnt help then i suggest posting in the general malwarebytes forum and letting someone from support help you as i am almost 100% positive this is an AV conflict with Mbam.