Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 released

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be okay to update over the top of the beta. If you do notice any issues though then you may wish to try doing a full removal reinstall cleanly.

Regardless of how the program is installed a reboot is required to ensure proper operation.

Update was OK, another question:

I suppose after a deinstall, clean and reinstall the settings of the ID and KEY

are also gone and have to be inserted again, or does the registry keep them (even after a mbam-clean)?

Good job by the way :)

Just did an in-place upgrade on my Win7/32 laptop running Webroot Internet Security and............... it was "like buttah"! :)

I even chanced NOT pausing the AV or FW to do it, and it went perfectly.

It updated fine, did a Quick Scan in ~40% less time, and even maintained all my logs & settings from 1.46.

Given the glitches with the previous version update and the past issues with Webroot products and other security apps, I half-expected I would end up having to (at least) perform a clean install of MBAM 1.50.

That turned out NOT to be needed.

The entire process was entirely glitch-free, as best as I can tell.

The only thing to note is that the installer has the same file name as previous versions (mbam-setup.exe). So, it wanted to over-write my 1.46 installer download in my downloads folder. I temporarily moved the 1.46 file to the desktop, so that I could keep it, in case re-installation of 1.46 were needed. (I suppose I could have re-named it, or allowed it to name the new installer mbam-setup(2)?)

OUTSTANDING JOB, MBAM!!!

Thank you!!!

daledoc1

PS Will report back re: desktop running KIS a bit later.

Thanks for posting Corrine :)

If at all possible, might the user in question try reinstalling 1.50 and if the issue persists, try unchecking and then re-checking Create right click context menu. in the Settings tab? I've seen this happen occasionally with previous versions of MBAM myself and this procedure generally fixes it.

hello.

downloaded and installed mbam v1.5 last night and it is running nicely.

A big thank you to the MBAM team for this.

I particularly like the big green protection enabled icon,very nice.

The ip blocker warning window is spot on too giving port information etc.

Thank you again.

All the best.

Regards.

wait is this beta or not!?!

because im kinda confused since they are two MBAM 1.50 releases, one beta, and one not...

I would find it hardly likely that this would be a beta.

The idea of a beta is too test the program prior to final release.

If you had read this thread properly you would realise its final release.

regards

Thanks for posting Corrine ;)

If at all possible, might the user in question try reinstalling 1.50 and if the issue persists, try unchecking and then re-checking Create right click context menu. in the Settings tab? I've seen this happen occasionally with previous versions of MBAM myself and this procedure generally fixes it.

The missing context menu is not a bug from MBAM but always has to do with other programs or Windows itselfs.

I had that same issue a few days before and after changing my AV the context menu suddently reapeared without changing

anything in MBAM.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50

The Malwarebytes team is excited to announce the release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version features many security, performance, stability and functionality improvements, and is without a doubt our best release yet.

This release represents a major update to the Malwarebytes software: the change log may be found here.

You may get the new version either through the existing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware interface (click Check for Updates!) or by visiting:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

The Malwarebytes team would like to thank all participants in the 1.50 beta project. We are very excited about the result!

New Features

We are very excited about the major improvements in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version represents a complete overhaul of much of our functionality. Among the highlights are:

• Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 3-5 times faster on many machines.
  • Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and Protection Module (Free and PRO versions, respectively).
  • More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (PRO version only).
  • New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware.

• You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually.
  • Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (PRO version only).
  • Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher.
  • Dramatically improved flash scan (PRO version only) -- determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines.
  • One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (PRO version only).
  • "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (PRO version only).

Backwards-Compatibility Support Policy

Malwarebytes urges all customers in the strongest possible language to plan an update path to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. The stability and security improvements in this version are staggering, and although we will support older versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (see below), simply put: you will not be as well-protected with older versions as you will be with 1.50.

We will support each version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware until one year after the release of its successor. So, we will support Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46 (and all previous versions, which we will consider "grandfathered-in") until one year after the public release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. After that, we will require an update to 1.50 or later in order to provide support. We think this is a reasonable policy that balances both our need to keep our customers' software up-to-date, and our customers' need to ensure reliability in their own environments.

Another GREAT Release