MWB warning popup

I'll help you as much as I can! If the website didn't show up - then its blocked, Did you see a message on the bottom rt. of your taskbar above the Malwarebytes - Saying it blocked the site. and if you open your Malwarebytes, what is the database version? under the update tab?

Would you like to check for an infection? Let me know and I will post instructions please.... Or you can un-install this copy of Malwarebytes, use the clean tool, and re-install the current version.... what would you like to do? regards...

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will reinstalling will become a trial version or it will just repair over it. I am using 1.46 with all updates.

It will un-install this copy of Malwarebytes, use the clean tool, and re-install the same version.. version 1.46 is what you should have with all the current updates. If you have the Paid version, you will need your License Key and ID again to enter into the program. Here are all the instructions:

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us and we will explain how to do it.

Thank You

Greetings :lol:

Please do the following:

Create a Batch File:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v EnableBalloonTips>>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt" 2> nul
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Check.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Greetings :)

Please do the following:

Create a Batch File:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v EnableBalloonTips>>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt" 2> nul
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Check.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Herewith is the file,s contents it created.

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

EnableBalloonTips REG_DWORD 0x0

I do hope it will help in a way. I just notice that when I open one file there was a warning popup saying it is being block. This is the way I want it when I am surfing in the net.

Yep, that helps. That shows that baloontips are disabled on your machine for all programs, this includes Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix though. Please do the following:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to read the FAQ for additional precautions and instructions on proper use.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.

[*]Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.

[*]Click on OK

[*]Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Create a Reg File:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000001

Press Enter twice on your keyboard to insert 2 blank lines at the bottom of the text file

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • Name the file Fix.reg (the .reg extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it then click Yes or OK to any prompts.
  • Restart your computer for the fix to take effect.
  • Visit iptest.malwarebytes.org, our IP block test page, to verify that you are now getting your tray notifications.

Please let me know if the issue is now corrected or not.

Yep, that helps. That shows that baloontips are disabled on your machine for all programs, this includes Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix though. Please do the following:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to read the FAQ for additional precautions and instructions on proper use.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.

[*]Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.

[*]Click on OK

[*]Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Create a Reg File:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000001

Press Enter twice on your keyboard to insert 2 blank lines at the bottom of the text file

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • Name the file Fix.reg (the .reg extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it then click Yes or OK to any prompts.
  • Restart your computer for the fix to take effect.
  • Visit iptest.malwarebytes.org, our IP block test page, to verify that you are now getting your tray notifications.

Please let me know if the issue is now corrected or not.

Thanks very much for your help. Downloaded and did as mentioned as above. Yes it solved the popup issue but I am puzzle why or how it could happen this way. I take this opportunity to thanks all who have in away contribute the help render. I consider it solved.