Freeze-up on MBAM and other scans

Zab

My laptop suddenly freezes up when I do a full scan with MBAM or other security software, never going more than a half-hour or so before the entire system locks up. Oddly, quick-scan mode works fine. I can't help but think I've been infected by something that really, really doesn't want to get caught, but since I can't conduct any full scans, I'm not sure.

I encounter the problem with MBAM and Avast (and even, out of desperation, Microsoft's Malicious Software Remover, which I never bothered to run as a scanner before). Scanning in safe mode doesn't help -- the exact same thing happens.

I'm pretty certain it's not an issue of memory (I've monitored CPU usage during these scans) or hardware, and am thoroughly puzzled. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read the other pinned topic for Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions which may answer some of your questions for you.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Once your in Malware Removal. You'll be working with helpers, downloading tools, running & posting scans. You should stay in that forum until you & the helper agree that you are done. (rules of the board) When your done, Feel free to browse outside the forum. Get you pc cleaned 1st... regards...

Guest name cool

As you said yardbird :)

"Just like me was help me by the experts were cleaned my computer from infection," within days. :lol:

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::