MBAM Startup Service & Active Protection Module

Hello !

I switched from MBAM's latest version to the latest Beta Version in hope of fixing a problem I've been encountering with MBAM's premium/registered version since I started using Windows 7.

User Account Control is ON... malwarebytes used to startup with my computer when I logged on.

Now it doesn't, despite the fact I have tried uninstalling and installing again several times... I have checked Windows Services and Startup Items, and it seems to be there...

Command: "C\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray

Now I must always start it up manually, and tell that User Account Control to allow MBAM to 'make changes to this computer'.

I also edited premissions of MBAM exectuables, I gave Full Control permission to all users, and selected to always run program as administrator.

Any help please? I really do not know what the problem is...

PS: It was working before on this fresh installation of windows7 a few days ago.

Thank you,

Alex

I also edited premissions of MBAM exectuables, I gave Full Control permission to all users, and selected to always run program as administrator.

That's the problem. Not all of MBAM's executables are supposed to run as administrator, that's what causes the UAC prompts. You need to uncheck that option for mbamgui.exe.

Also, there is a delay in the startup for the protection module on Windows Vista and Windows 7. It is deliberate in order to decrease the chances of conflicts with antivirus and firewall software during the boot process. While it is advised for you to leave the delay in place, if you do wish to change it you have to access the Services console and set MBAMService to a startup type of Automatic instead of Automatic (Delayed Start).

That's the problem. Not all of MBAM's executables are supposed to run as administrator, that's what causes the UAC prompts. You need to uncheck that option for mbamgui.exe.

Also, there is a delay in the startup for the protection module on Windows Vista and Windows 7. It is deliberate in order to decrease the chances of conflicts with antivirus and firewall software during the boot process. While it is advised for you to leave the delay in place, if you do wish to change it you have to access the Services console and set MBAMService to a startup type of Automatic instead of Automatic (Delayed Start).

Thank you, problem solved!