kevbuck

AVG detected trojan; Generic11.BEOG

Has anyone heard of the trojan Generic11.BEOG? AVG found this tonight. Yet there is no information in the forums or virus encyclopedia. I tried googling-nothing either.

Please note that my experience is very limited. I have Windows XP sp3 with AVG(free8.0), MBAM and Zonealarm(firewall)

I ran all updates, ran an AVG and MBAM scan tonight- nothing. Ran second AVG after another update and the scan found this;

Trojan horse Generic11.BEOG

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader9.0\Setup Files{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A90000000001\Setup.exe

Sent it to AVG for analysis as false positive. Unfortunately, I have heard that can take some time.

Does anyone know what or heard anything about this? Is it a false positive or Trojan???

MBSM found Trojan.Agent and Rogue.Suspect(both quarantined) last week which i posted in the General Forum and was advised to run HJT, Panda and Spybot(tomorrow for sure) Could all of these be linked somehow????

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I have a feeling that it's attributed to Adobe reader in some way. I was clear until I installed the reader from the adobe site. After a scan it brought up the same instance you reported. AVG couldn't heal nor remove so hopefully Adaware or Spybot will do the trick - will run in a mo.

Thoughts anyone?

Has anyone heard of the trojan Generic11.BEOG? AVG found this tonight. Yet there is no information in the forums or virus encyclopedia. I tried googling-nothing either.

Please note that my experience is very limited. I have Windows XP sp3 with AVG(free8.0), MBAM and Zonealarm(firewall)

I ran all updates, ran an AVG and MBAM scan tonight- nothing. Ran second AVG after another update and the scan found this;

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader9.0\Setup Files{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A90000000001\Setup.exe

Sent it to AVG for analysis as false positive. Unfortunately, I have heard that can take some time.

Does anyone know what or heard anything about this? Is it a false positive or Trojan???

MBSM found Trojan.Agent and Rogue.Suspect(both quarantined) last week which i posted in the General Forum and was advised to run HJT, Panda and Spybot(tomorrow for sure) Could all of these be linked somehow????

Thanks

I found same "problem" this morning...Yesterday at the same time the scan was done none of those "infections"were there. In mean time Avg did update and "infections" were there. I have send files as well for check up. I went on google to find "virus" but there was nothing except your post!

I also have these in vault:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore-{3F4EE1B5-F71E-43F-9187-0D3999ADCB4E}\RP42\A0010583.exe

and this one :

C:\System Volume Information\_restore-{3F4EE1B5-F71E-43F-9187-0D3999ADCB4E}\RP42\A0000038.exe

and same as yours:

if i do get some answers i will keep your posted and please do the same!

Tnx

Thanks

I found the same Trojan in the same place as you, when i did a scan with avg this morning.

I find this odd because i have not just downloaded the adobe reader its been on my computer for a while. :blink:

I have done many scans before this morning that have not found this Trojan. Anyway for now i have moved it to the virus vault

AVG gave me this message this morning as well (when my notebook was idle!). I decided to ignore it since I haven't updated Adobe Reader for ages.

Kindly regards,

Mona.

I too got the message re: Trojan Horse Generic11.BEOG which infected the setup.exe file in Adobe Reader 9. I moved it to the Virus Vault. Does anyone know what to do about this? Should I simply delete it from the Virus Vault? Will it affect the usability of Adobe Reader? Any insight on this would be appreciated.

I found same "problem" this morning...Yesterday at the same time the scan was done none of those "infections"were there. In mean time Avg did update and "infections" were there. I have send files as well for check up. I went on google to find "virus" but there was nothing except your post!

C:\System Volume Information\_restore-{3F4EE1B5-F71E-43F-9187-0D3999ADCB4E}\RP42\A0010583.exe

and this one :

C:\System Volume Information\_restore-{3F4EE1B5-F71E-43F-9187-0D3999ADCB4E}\RP42\A0000038.exe

and same as yours:

if i do get some answers i will keep your posted and please do the same!

Tnx

Hi brannka,

I did a second scan and came up with similar System Volume Information\_restore entries.

Tigger93(moderator) has posted that it is a false positive. I have requested info as to whether we restore all quarantined items or not

No response from AVG, not expecting to see one either. Thank god for MBAM and this forum--awesome

Will keep you posted

It is not a virus, it is a false positive by AVG.

Thanks Tigger93

So now do i restore it? Also what do the entries below mean? Restore them all??

FYI, a second scan showed two entries similar to brannka's post below:

and this one :