Upgrade FREE to PAID version

G'day everyone,

I've been using the FREE version on Malwarebytes and am suitably impressed to want to purchase a few copies for my home network, especially to use the Real-time protection feature. before going ahead with the purchase, I have a few questions that I wonder if you could help me with:

1. Is there an annual maintenance/subscription cost involved in continuing to receive both software and database updates? The website isn't completely clear on whether the cost is a one-off cost, or whether additional subscription payment is required.

2. I have 3 PC's which all use different OS and anti-virus protection. I want to ensure that there won't be any conflicts between the anti-virus products and Malwarebytes. The 3 set-ups are as follows:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit + Norton Internet Security 2011

- Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit + Microsoft Security Essentials

- Windows XP + Norton Internet Security 2011

Occasionally, I will also run AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 on all 3 PC's, on an ad-hoc basis, but it is not resident.

Regards,

Golden

G'day everyone,

I've been using the FREE version on Malwarebytes and am suitably impressed to want to purchase a few copies for my home network, especially to use the Real-time protection feature. before going ahead with the purchase, I have a few questions that I wonder if you could help me with:

1. Is there an annual maintenance/subscription cost involved in continuing to receive both software and database updates? The website isn't completely clear on whether the cost is a one-off cost, or whether additional subscription payment is required.

2. I have 3 PC's which all use different OS and anti-virus protection. I want to ensure that there won't be any conflicts between the anti-virus products and Malwarebytes. The 3 set-ups are as follows:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit + Norton Internet Security 2011

- Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit + Microsoft Security Essentials

- Windows XP + Norton Internet Security 2011

Occasionally, I will also run AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 on all 3 PC's, on an ad-hoc basis, but it is not resident.

Regards,

Golden

Hello Golden, welcome!

There are no further costs after you purchase the paid edition as each purchased license is a lifetime subscription. MBAM will update itself automatically also when new versions come available.

Please see this area for adding exclusions to your AV if necessary http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

I use NIS 2011 with no problems at all.

There have been reports of conflicts between AVG 2011 and MBAM so i would suggest you temporarily disable MBAM when running AVG 2011.

Regards

Excellent. Thanks very much Goldhound.

I realised I forgot to mention my firewall setups, so I added them here:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit + Norton Internet Security 2011 + Norton Internet Security 2011 Firewall- Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit + Microsoft Security Essentials + Windows Firewall- Windows XP + Norton Internet Security 2011 + Norton Internet Security 2011 FirewallI assume it's just a case of adding the relevant exceptions, and thats it?

I can always ditch AVG in favour of something else - its simply an additional layer of security.

Thanks again,

Golden

Hello Golden: -_-

1. It is only one time payment (initial purchase) the license is for lifetime (one license is valid for one and only one system) with all Database updates as well as Software version upgrades for strictly home use only
  2. MBAM plays nicely with any AV except for few handful, however the mentioned ones do work properly with proper exclusions
  3. There is a known issue of AVG2011, that is being worked on

You'll be able to save significantly when you purchase three of them in one shot. Following are the exclusion list that you've to add in respective AV for MBAM:

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

• Windows 7 32-bit
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

• Windows XP 32-bit
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For all of the above mentioned you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE as well as

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

from firewall

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Edited: To remove formatting from code, many thanks to noknojon for pointing this