Virus on Server - cannot run MBAM

tamaneri

Hey guys,

I have a terminal Server (2003) set up for a client. Sadly they got a virus on it.

Anyway, I've run AVG full scan which removed quite a few items. I've run HJT, but I couldnt see anything weird in there. I've run Super Anti-Spyware and also Spybot. I've run rkill and process explorer.

Malwarebyte's opens, but you never get to the see the program. It shows as a running process in the processes tab, but it shows as "not responding."

I've tried installing MBAM as a renamed exe. I've also renamed mbam.exe to other names.

Any other ideas as to how I can get it to run?

Hello tamaneri

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on OTL to run it.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

====================

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.