Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

win32:malware/gen

ok win32:malware/gen is the virus code name from avast and it wont stay down! every time it moves it to the chest it pops up again. also mbam wont start.

then i went into safe mode, avast no longer works and mbam is broken.

restarted computer, now when i try to launch a program i get a popup saying "please select a program to open with" nothing would work

removed hard drive and pluged into another computer so i can scan it from another pc. mbam found nothing but avast did. popped up only once

plugged back into original computer. No OS detected error.

2nd computer showed sighns of infection

received a phone call from my contacts for my outlook and they are saying i sent them a virus.

what does this virus do? can it be fixed? how do i fix it? ive already reformatted my computers but i need to help out everyone in my contacts.

what i do know is that it came from an ad so i got an adblocker.

:D

Please don't attach the scan results, use Copy/Paste

Download the tools needed to a flash drive or other USB device, and transfer them to the infected computer.

If the tool won't run from the desktop, try running it from the USB device.

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop

Download Mirror #1

Download Mirror #2

• Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
  • To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
  • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
  • It doesn't take long to run, once it is finished move onto the next step

Next:

Note: if the Cure option is not there, please select 'Skip'.

Please read carefully and follow these steps.

• Please download
TDSSKiller.zip
  • Extract it to your desktop
  • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • Press Start Scan
  • Only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
  • Then click Continue > Reboot now

[*]Copy and paste the log in your next reply

[*]A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root directory, root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

please post the contents of that log TDSSKiller log.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!