Web blocking feature confusing me....

Paulinjc

I activate MBAM....enable protect mode with web blocking feature turned ON. After about an hour, I check the log and I see several IP blocks....with various "malicious website" ip numbers.

Then I shut down pc. This ensures MBAM and eveything is cleared from memory.

I turn pc on again, but this time, I DO NOT activate MBAM and I don't activate any features.

Instead I run TCPView and sit and watch to see what happens. Since I'm not doing anything, my pc is idle and NO ACTIVITY from TCPView, other than the normal 24 items I always see.

I turn MBAM protection back on with web blocking and here come the IP blocks again.

What gives......TCPView is telling me NOTHING is coming or going thru the modem while MBAM is off, but when MBAM is on with protect mode, all kinds of ip blocks takes place.

Now IF mbam is off and TCPView is on, all kinds of traffic should be noticed.....otherwise there would be nothing to block.

Am I confused or what???

What is MBAM doing when it is on, that TCPView can not see when MBAM is OFF???

MBAM full scans see no suspect software and other virus detection software see nothing suspicious.

Have I confused you yet?? Please advise me what thoughts you have on this, ok?? Thanks!!