Error while trying to update

Hello,

My first post was was in another members post dealing with the same problem. This error:

MBAM_ERROR-UPDATING (12007,0,WinHttpSendRequest)

I run Windows XP SP3, at the time i had just removed AVG which seemed to be causing me internet problems, meaning when i just tried to update (few days ago), i wasn't running an anti-virus. I NOW have Avira Antivir-Personal installed. I have Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware Free 1.46 ... no other versions installed. I went to @noknojon 's link, this link but without much success as i got a Page Error message with my firefox. Also here again @noknojon 's request is the trace route. I run off of a wireless router but im not EXTREMELY familiar with networking and such so yeah. My Current Database Information from the UPDATE tab of Malware Bytes says: haha .. wow i completely missed this, DataBase 4052 from 4/29/2010.

Hope my problem can be resolved.

If it helps i also recently ran gmer/combofix with help and removed a rootkit i recently had. i re-ran gmer and no rootkits found, and Avira found a few other nasty's that i quarantined/deleted.

Thanks,

Chris

traceroute_malwarebytes_cdn.txt

Wireless_Broadband_Router.home Address: 192.168.1.1

This is your own router address , you are not getting out past your old settings -

First can you directly connect to the router with any computer (Ethernet cable) -

If you can , the router may need a reset - This is best done from a direct connection -

Thank You -

These are your directions better if directly wired and you connect to your router - For XP units -

You may want to print or write these directions or copy/paste to notepad as you will disconnect from the internet for a while -

1. Very important: First disconnect your computer from the internet. (Just log off internet now)

2. Router Reset: Next you must reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

3. Reset the IP/DNS settings of your interent connection:

• Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Double click on Network Connections.
  • Right click on your default connection (usually Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection) and select Properties.
  • Select the General tab.
  • Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
    ?Under General tab:
  • Select "Obtain an IP address automatically".
  • Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
  • Click OK twice to save the settings.
  • Reboot if you had to change any setting.

4. Flush the DNS cache:

• Click the Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
  • Click on Run or press Windows Logo+R
  • In the command window copy/paste the following:
    ipconfig /flushdns

• Then hit enter.
  • Exit the command window.

5. Reconnect: Once you have followed all the above steps you can reconnect your computer to the internet. Then try an update -

Although its better wired, if i do those settings will it work for wireless? I share a home with 5 other computers using the same router and my room is several rooms from the router, so i could lug all my equipment to the router if need be. Also i want to make sure resetting it wont affect anyone of them? I dont remember when we had got the router that anything special besides plug in and type the router settings were done to the router. I just dont wanna mess anything up for my roommates. Thanks, i will print out your reply and give it a try and fingers crossed my problem is resolved!

Resetting the router will affect everyone that connects to it.

If you bought it took it out of the box and did not do anything to it, like changing the password for example then it is most likely hijacked and has to be reset back to factory default settings then you have to go back in there and change the password, and reconfigure the wireless to a secure connection.