MB crashes then scanning a driver called "ndistapi.sys"

hello here in forum :)

first of all i want to say that malwarebytes is a really cool programm that helped me out many times then helping getting rid of viruses.

now i have a problem. i have a friend in albania (im german) and i remoted him and tried to kill some "facebookvirus" and fake virus-programms. MB did manage to kill some viruses. some i had to kill by "handjobs" :)

the problem is that MB cant do its quick scan rutine to end. every time then it scans the windows/system32/drivers folder it crashes then scanning the driver called "ndistapi.sys" .

so im not able to make a full scan and make a clean job at this time. i scanned till this point and abort the scan to get rid of at least a few entries of the virus. with this and by removing other suspicius files (im expirienced) i was able to disable a really annoying and popping up virus.

i repared the "cant open exe files"-error with an regfile.

is it a known issue that MB stopps during scanning...perhaps after malware manipulatet something in the driverfile "ndistapi.sys" that makes it korrupt ?

i already made a reinstall of MB. also removed the folder in programs...but not looked for other folders in aplikation data,etc. itz really hard to do all this over remote with his superduperslow albanian connection :)

then MB crashes during scan it is not possible to kill the prozess in taskmanager, u have to restart the machine. the error is alwas the same.

THX for every help.

ps.: i searched the forum for "ndistapi.sys" but there was not really somethink that was helpfull

Hi -

"ndistapi.sys" is not regarded as an infection - It is a normal process on your computer , however it can become infected -

There are no known security risks in using Ndistapi.sys assuming it has not been modified or replaced by virus or malware and it resides in the default directory. This file is installed as part of the Windows operating system.

Thank You -

Hello revnu: :)

Please do one more attempt of scanning with (Heuristics Shuriken Disabled) after definition update

1. Click on Settings
  2. Click on Scanner Settings
  3. Uncheck Enable advanced heuristics engine (Heuristics Shuriken)

Please post back using MXyBj.png button

hi thx 4 the tipp. i tryed that, but had no sucsess. perhaps he has hardware-surface-errors. i will check it tomorrow. his HD was terrible fragmented. i think he never ever did a defragmentationtion since years & years, because he even dont know what that is :)

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Someone will work with you one on one to assist you in that forum.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org