TerryFP

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C650:

Specs: Intel Celeron T3300

2048MB RAM 1066MHZ / + 1024MB

250GB HDD (5400RPM) SATA

Windows 7 Home Premium

Problem:

The desktop has loaded no problem,the pointer moves but nothing else works. I cannot open/close any programs or even power off the laptop. Every program on the laptop is up-to-date including Kaspersky,

I performed a full scan with KIS three days ago and all was clear,Windows Defender returned a similar verdict so I do not suspect Malware/Spyware to be the problem.

The laptop is less than 3 months old and has worked perfectly til now.

Should I disconnect the battery and try a reboot,or just let the battery power run down and then recharge it?

I have spent the last hour or so on the Toshiba website trying to find some answers but have given up after so many dead ends,complex information and a pretty useless forum.

At least I know I will get some expert advice in nuts and bolts terms from you guys.

Many thanks in advance,

TerryFP.

I do not suspect Malware/Spyware to be the problem
Try the following please

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Guest name cool

Sign scan your computer with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. . And then the experts will help you. :)

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thankyou for your help Yardbird and NameCool.

Maybe I didn't make it clear on my OP,but:

the problem is with my laptop and not my computer I am using to post on this forum.

I cannot download anything onto the laptop to scan it for problems and enable fixes.

The only thing that works is moving the cursor around,tapping the mousepad or clicking the left and right buttons or using the wireless mouse has no effect.

Regards,

TerryFP.

Well Terry, even if its a hardware issue, The Malware Removal Forum has all the tools, to start a fix. We have sent people there after nothing worked. Think about giving the Malware Removal Forum a shot..... Go as far as you can on the instructions... I've seen people post - "nothing works" and they fix them..... its free! just track the topic.. once your in there stay in there until your fixed.....any questions....

The laptop is less than 3 months old and has worked perfectly til now.

Hi -

You should have recieved at lease 12 months warranty with the unit when you purchased it - Have you asked the shop yet about looking at it ??

I also purchased a Toshiba Satellite about 3 months ago , but so far I have no problems -

I would try the idea above from yardbird , as it will not cost you and it may find a small software problem -

Also try plugging in a USB Mouse rather than using the wireless type -

Thank You -

EDIT - You can use a Stick to transfer the programs to your laptop - If you can not do this , the unit may be faulty -

The problem has been resolved,so many thanks to all for your help.

By this morning,the battery power had run out,so I just plugged in the charger and left it for an hour,then switched the laptop on.

Everything worked fine and I downloaded a TEMPRO update from Toshiba,ran the self diagnostic tool,then downloaded MBAM and executed a full scan.

All results showed nothing wrong with the laptop whatsoever.

A back-up disc has been created just incase,but no problems so far,and most importantly,my Wife is happy too,after all,it is her laptop :)

Many thanks,

Terry.

Guest name cool

You're welcome

Good for you, anything you have and want to help. Back again. :)

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::