XP Guard ALERT? MSE Missed this one!!

Richens

Good afternoon,

This is on a business laptop that I am getting the problem, that I also use at home sometimes to just browse the net and go on facebook.

I have tried installing the latest Malwarebytes after only just getting into Firefox (many attempts failed with just the virus telling me 'are you sure.. etc')

These are the various popups.

http://i56.tinypic.com/mv6kn7.jpg

I have followed the guide this morning from the sticky at the top of this forum.

Unfortuently like I mentioned Malwarebytes does not install, it just launches pw.exe and links me to my windows security area.

I also can't access my firewall settings. It just points to a fake one.

I have attached the 3 txt files required.

The GMER scanner has been scanning files over 3 hours now, so I just saved it as far as it has got.

I appreciate any help, quick help hugely!

Kind Regards

Joe

Attach.zip

Hello ,

And :) My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.

Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.

• The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
  • Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic.
  • The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
  • Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.

You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.

• extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
    • Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file -
      you can get a free one from here -
    http://www.7-zip.org/

• Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
  • Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
  • Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
  • Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.

Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!

It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

"just click on Cancel, then Accept".

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem

If you still need help, please include the following in your next reply

• RKU log

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!