Thinkpoint - quick question

pcn00b

Hi there,

I was doing a quiz on facebook and all of a sudden msn and IE shut down saying that Microsoft Essentials something or other is reporting that i have a virus (im not big on downloading, so i think it may be the quiz?).. i clicked on remove and then it installed Thinkpoint on my desktop. Then I learned what Thinkpoint actually is x.x So...

I downloaded malwarebytes, ran quick scan 2 or 3 times and then deleted the files that came up, thru malware bytes. now, i scan and nothing shows up. look good, but Thinkpoint is still on my desktop.... what do i do? is the virus still there?

thanks!

(here's the log, in case it helps.. but the shortcut is still winking at me on my desktop >_O)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5117

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

11/16/2010 9:43:00 PM

mbam-log-2010-11-16 (21-43-00).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 159474

Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I helped someone with ThinkPoint in this topic >HERE<

Follow replies #2 thru #4. The ThinkPoint image loads instead of your normal desktop. The fix.reg registry fix corrects the infected value in the Registry that the ThinkPoint Rogue modified, and restores it to the default Windows value. Therefore, even if most of the infection is removed, You can still have ThinkPoint over your desktop, until that value is replaced with the correct one.