Vista freeze

Droopy

Hi,

Since a few weeks, my PC (running Vista family edition) seems infected.

It works in safe mode.

It freeze after a few seconds in normal mode.

I had restore to some previous restore point but still same problem.

Here is the MB log :

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28

Version de la base de donn

Hi Droopy and welcome to Malwarbytes. You need to put HJT into the folder it was meant to go into, named HiJackThis and in Program Files on the main drive, usually C:\ Program Files. Please do this and then update MBAM run another quick scan, post that log and a new HJT log.

I'm not seeing malware. Did you scan with MBAM in normal boot? This is crucial to do that. You have some evidence of a past infection and possibly system damage. If you did scan with MBAM in normal mode then I would suggest you try a check disk for errors see if any are found.

OK I didn't understand you either, now I do. Let's give this tool a try, it runs very fast and should show us something.

Review this article here how to use ComboFix

Be sure you cover the section on How to install and use the Windows XP Recovery Console and make sure it is installed on your machine. This is important should anything go wrong and we need to recover your PC and not lose all the data.

1. Download this file :

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe save it to your desktop.

2. Double click combofix.exe. It will be a red icon with a white X on your desktop.

Follow the prompts you will get a blue cmd prompt screen and a choice to choose Y or N. Choose Y and hit enter.

3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. This logfile is located at C:\ComboFix.txt.

Post that log and a HiJack log in your next reply

Note:

Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

• 2 weeks later...

CF normally runs in about 30 seconds. I am not French and do not read French very well. It's very hard for me to see what is what when you post your logs in French. Please choose English for all logs. Your ComboFix log is not complete either. You either didn't let it finish or you didn't post all the log. This doesn't show me all I need to see. I do see lots of P2P software and you need to remove that if we are to continue. We will not be involved in illegall activities here and unless your paying for whatever your downloading with the P2P it is illegal.

See if you can update MBAM and run it and HJT in normal mode. I need feed back on what changes if any have happened. Are you able to boot to normal now an run the system? CF did remove two items.

Sorry about french but I didn't choose french and I didn't see anywhere where I could choose english.

I let CF finish and I did post all the log.

As I already mentioned, I had to wait about 30 min to get the log file.

About P2P software I don't use it but I cannot remove it.

For example, I uninstalled Frostwire and it is impossible to uninstall Shareaza !

I still cannot run in normal mode, Vista freeze before I can't start any program.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Combo fix produces a HJT log, so since it is not posted you did not post all the log. Perhaps you have the entire system set for French, since you are French :) that makes sense. If you don't use P2P how did all this get on the machine? Those are all P2P programs. Not just one mind you but 3. Someone uses them and they are illegal to use to get music and video that should be paid for, and most likely how you got infected.

"{47974CE3-0114-4A3F-AFEA-C4B634D5F5AA}"= UDP:C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe:

I didn't say that there were no P2P software installed though I didn't install it myself.

I now have exclusive control of the PC.

I tried to uninstall all P2P software but didn't succeed.

Frostwire : the Frostwire directory doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files"

Shareaza : the file "C:\Program Files\Shareaza\Uninstall\uninst0000.dat" doesn't exist.

I made a restore to a restore point near when the problem began.

I made MBAM and HJT scans :

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30

Database version: 1329

Windows 6.0.6000

28/10/2008 0:12:33

mbam-log-2008-10-28 (00-12-33).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 47608

Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 7

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affltid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aldd (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 0:17:20, on 28/10/2008

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16711)

Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

C:\Users\Pierre\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.7sur7.be/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar avec bloqueur de fen