PC probs

johnny99xx

Hi all,

I have just been on the Malware Removal section of this site and all clean with thanks to Gammo

The prob I have and Gammo recommened me to come her is

on start up my screen saver appears but it takes a good 30 mins for icons to appear

once online, after about 30mins my pc will freeze, task manager won't work and I end up having to pull the plug

I seem to get lots of dll files in my temp internet file, sometimes it lets me delete them, most of the time it won't (not sure if this will help)

thanks for all your help

Johnny

Hi -

For a start - As you are running a XP SP3 unit - Please download ATF by Atribune fron my live signature below to your desktop -

It can live on your desktop and can be used as a TempFile cleaner -

You need to double click on the Icon (looks like a trash can)> Click on Run > Select All > Empty Selected > OK > Exit when finished -

This will remove a lot of the Temp Internet files that build up - Then run Defrag from Accessories > System Tools -

Then post back and see if it runs a bit quicker -

Thank You -

Hi noknojon,

I did as you said but no luck

last night i was on camfrog speaking to friends (I have already uninstalled camfrog and reinstalled through an official disk)

after about 30 mins camfrog froze, then the internet froze

I tried to scan with avira and got the message below

Error the application module

c:\program files\avira desktop\ccupdate.dll

cannot be found or has been modified or destroyed

the avcentre.exe cannot be started

please check your instalation

CCPLG.XML

unable to load'c:\programfiles\avira\antivir desktop\scewxmlw.dll

I also tried malwarebytes

mbma.exe

application error

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)

tried mbma again

c:\program\mbma.exe

insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

tried task manager and got

taskmger.exe application error

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d)

my screensaver disappeared to a blue back ground and none of my icons were recognised

I had to switch off by removing the plug

hope this helps

and thank you for your help and support

Johnny

Hi -

First uninstall Avira - If you can not find instructions then visit RA Products Uninstallers for the details -

Then reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials as your anti virus - There may be a problem there somewhere -

Then uninstall Malwarebytes program with these instructions -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from ->Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from ->Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

It sounds like something major is still messed up. If it were me, I'd go ahead and reformat and reinstall Windows as it sounds like whatever has corrupted your system is very widespread, but if you would still like to attempt repair please start with the following steps:

Step 1:

Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows XP:

• Click Start and open My Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so

Step 2:

System File Checker (SFC):

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box type or copy and paste the following exactly as written in the Code box:
    sfc /scannow

Then press Enter or click on OK

• Note: you will need to have your Windows installation disc handy for this. If you do not, then please refer to this information to learn how to use sfc without a Windows disc.

Step 3:

Reinstall Avira:

Once that is done, download a fresh copy of Avira from their homepage here and save the setup file to your desktop then proceed with the following:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet by unplugging the connection from your router or modem to your PC or disabling your wireless connection if using wi-fi
    Note: This is important because you'll be removing your antivirus temporarily and you do not want to risk getting infected again.
  2. Click on START and select Control Panel
  3. Open Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Avira and reboot if the uninstaller prompts you to do so
  4. Run the installer for Avira that you downloaded and once installed, connect to the internet again and immediately have it update then do a full system scan just to make sure you aren't still infected, and if so, return immediately to the Malware Removal area to get the system checked and cleaned again by one of the expert helpers there
  5. If the virus scan is clean, check to see that the errors regarding Avira are now gone and let us know if they are not

Please let us know if the issues persist or not.

Thank you :D