dwm.exe -- could not load or run problem on boot

I need help with this -- what is the issue and how do I clean this up?? Thx DC

On boot - my PC displays a dialog box with:

TOP BAR -- C:\DOC...\ "file path" \LOCALS...\Temp\dwm.exe

IN THE MSG WINDOW -- Windows cannot display the specified... You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item.

I close that window to continue the boot process and another Dialog Box appears:

TOP BAR -- Desktop

IN THE MSG WINDOW -- Could not load or run 'C\ "same path as above" \dwm.exe Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to the registry.

After I close that window the PC will boot and I can run programs but I cannot access the internet - Connection failure (but my other PC in the house will connect

I am doing a Malware scan right now and it is finding some infections (4 so far) -- Trojan house back door generic

Hello summit331:

Sorry to hear that your system is infected. The best course of action would be to let experts handle it instead of trying at your own. Please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the Help Desk

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button