Unable to open ANY file or program, even as Admin

DaisyYolanda

Got infected with Thinkpoint, ran MalwareBytes, rebooted. Now I cannot open any file or program on my PC even when logged on as Administrator.

(Windows XP) Right click. left click, always the same: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." It won't even open the "Properties" tab.

Not finding an answer on any forum anywhere. Any ideas? thanks!! (from a VERY un-computer-savvy individual)

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes' forum, DaisyYolanda.

Please read through and follow the instructions as far as you can in this thread.

Thank you.

(sorry if I am botching the posting rules here, I am not a frequent forum user and the formats challenge me sometimes- I appreciate your patience and especially your time and knowledge!) So- I got as far as run Malwarebytes and reboot (yesterday), can't do the rest because I can't get anything to open/run. Can't get online (am on my laptop now, it's the desktop PC that is the problem).

thanks

(I hope I put this reply in the right place!)