Thank you and a question on security

rriso

Hello,

First I wanted to thank you for a great software application. It has helped me to find more threats than my other security programs. I will be purchasing this in the near future.

Now for my question. I am new at computer security and have read the information concerning such, but I am concerned on one issue. I did look in this forum for an answer and I am sorry if this has been covered already, but I did not find this specific issue.

I presently have Guild Wars and Ventrillo on my system.

How safe are these games (GW, WOW, etc.) and voice programs?

This is the only game on my system and I do not go to gaming sites or such.

Thank you for your time.

They have the potential to be exploited. It depends on how well the developers are looking for and closing holes. I am a Second Life player and there have been numerous exploits in that game via objects given to a user from another. They have done some mandatory security updates in SL too. My advice in the games would be don't accept objects from strangers. Make sure you have good security on you machine. Get all updates offered by the game developers. Hope this helped.

They have the potential to be exploited. It depends on how well the developers are looking for and closing holes. I am a Second Life player and there have been numerous exploits in that game via objects given to a user from another. They have done some mandatory security updates in SL too. My advice in the games would be don't accept objects from strangers. Make sure you have good security on you machine. Get all updates offered by the game developers. Hope this helped.

Thank you JeanInMontana for the quick reply.

I am confused on one issue that you spoke of, may I trouble you again please.

When you stated

I mean an object in world. For instance in Second Life when I first started I was warned not to take flowers from strangers. People were using them to exploit users accounts and take all the money in them and even get the account itself. Anything that can be worn or that must be worn to view, like the flowers has that potential. There are objects that can be used to spy in the same manner, they need to be worn by the user and then will send back conversations to the person that gave it or allow access to the account.

Of course you shouldn't accept any softwares either. They would pose a great threat and most likely wouldn't be legal. I hope this has helped clear some of it up. If not just keep asking. :)

I mean an object in world. For instance in Second Life when I first started I was warned not to take flowers from strangers. People were using them to exploit users accounts and take all the money in them and even get the account itself. Anything that can be worn or that must be worn to view, like the flowers has that potential. There are objects that can be used to spy in the same manner, they need to be worn by the user and then will send back conversations to the person that gave it or allow access to the account.

Of course you shouldn't accept any softwares either. They would pose a great threat and most likely wouldn't be legal. I hope this has helped clear some of it up. If not just keep asking. :blink:

Hello,

Sorry it took a little while to get back to you as I had to put in a new HD.

Thank you for answering my question and I believe I do understand the possible risk now.