Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

back- up problem.please help!!

mbam daz.

hi,

im currently using macrium reflect to perform back-ups of my hard drive.

now the problem im having is when i come to back up im given an option to back-up my c-drive and to back up what is called system.

could somebody please explain to me what system actually is.its a large file of about 400mb.does this need to be backed up also?

im only backing up my c-drive and not the system .

kind regards.

bye for now.

hi firefox thanks for that.

so just to clarify.

what exactly am i backing up when i choose to just back up the c-drive.?

macrium reflect gives me an option to back-up my c-drive and/or system.

just say for arguments sake that windows will not boot-up anymore.is backing up the c-drive enough to re-install or do i need to back-up system also?

many thanks.

When you backup the C drive it is backing up every file, not sure if it can backup any files that are being used though as I do not use this software.

Windows XP Professional

The System State data comprises only the registry, COM+ Class Registration database, files under Windows File Protection, and boot files.

hi,

im currently using macrium reflect to perform back-ups of my hard drive.

now the problem im having is when i come to back up im given an option to back-up my c-drive and to back up what is called system.

could somebody please explain to me what system actually is.its a large file of about 400mb.does this need to be backed up also?

Hi mbam daz.

You'd be better off asking that over on the Macrium support forum here: hxxp://www.macrium.com/support.asp

This webpage from their support may prove enlightening:

hxxp://www.macrium.com/KB/KnowledgebaseArticle50049.aspx