A false positive

Hi kitjai888 -

Please select your Operating System (XP Vista Win7) from below and follow the instructions listed -

As you can not get any response from the program , here is one fix -

Note : Also please see the question below from Advisor Firefox -

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes
  • Click Apply then click OK

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and delete rules.ref. Once you've done that, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Computer
  • Press the Alt key on your keyboard and click on Tools
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and delete rules.ref. Once you've done that, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Computer
  • Press the Alt key on your keyboard and click on Tools
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure that Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Thank You -

but when I scan my computer or do some quick scan , it say this error again. MBAM found 2 threats which is false positive, trojan. agent and adware.agent from 360 safe and antivirus which is made from beijing. their programs are safe, but MBAM found them are threats. thank you for your reply:)

I think we should try a clean install of Malwarebytes....

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Hello kitjai888:

Please provide following details, someone will help you adding exclusions for MBAM in your installed AV, this may be the real cause:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Haider,my computer is windows 7 32 bit and my Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall are comodo free firewall, Ad aware free internet security, Avast free 5 and Threat fire.

Noknojon, this is not IOBit Security 360 antivirus, but it is 360 safe which is made from beijing. Its link is http://360sd.77gm.cn/ (chinese web).

Today I had uninstalled 360 safe and scan with MBAM again and still no responding. Besides that, MBAM also found one infection, which is Adware.agent and then pop up the error again.Hope you can help me with this tough problem.( And I would like to ask a question, which is the best free antivirus and antispyware for good real time protection?)

thank you in appreciation...

Hello kitjai888:

Since you mentioned avast as installed antivirus I mentioned it by name, in general you have to add those exclusions in any antivirus for MBAM to avoid conflict(s) if any. All mentioned files needs to be added, however, the complete path name is dependent on OS

There is no antivirus/security product that can guarantee 100% protection, as a matter of fact it is personal choice. Please post back using MXyBj.png button should you have any other question(s)

Hello kitjai888:

Since you mentioned avast as installed antivirus I mentioned it by name, in general you have to add those exclusions in any antivirus for MBAM to avoid conflict(s) if any. All mentioned files needs to be added, however, the complete path name is dependent on OS

There is no antivirus/security product that can guarantee 100% protection, as a matter of fact it is personal choice. Please post back using MXyBj.png button should you have any other question(s)

what is OS? I used windows 7, not OS.And I dont know how to add add those exclusions.

Our experts can help further if you follow these instructions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :D