Unable to launch MBAM

When I try to run MBAM I get those 2 popups and that is it.

capture_11092010_213327.jpg capture_11092010_213502.jpg

I uninstalled MBAM with Revo Uninstaller, then restarted and installed again, it updated fine, but I got this popup + 2 above.

capture_11092010_213443.jpg

I tried mbam_clean, but it did not even start, I got this popup.

capture_11092010_214626.jpg

Status: UAC at max, hardware DEP for all software, SEHOP enabled. MBAM worked fine a few days ago.

PC specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, no realtime AV or AS, only Win Firewall with Win 7 Firewall Control.

PC should be mallware clean, scanned with Hitman Pro, HijackThis, and so on, clean setup was a week ago.

I can not find EDIT or DELETE, so I post like this. I have just noticed the topic in spanish just bellow.

I used the recommended command from code and it fixed the problem, thanks and you can delete this.

@color 48
@echo off
if exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
del /f /q %0

MBAM_ERROR_EXPANDING_VARIABLES (0,9)

MBAM_ERROR_MISSING_FILE (3,0, mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified.

Here's a fix that exile360 made, it is universal for XP, Vista and Windows 7 and should fix the problem:

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator".

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    if exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if not exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if not exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    del /f /q %0

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it if using Windows XP. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select Run as administrator otherwise it will not work.
  • Once that's complete try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works without error or not.

Thank You for posting back - I was about to leave this for you , but now I hope all is OK -

Basically you are correct - Please do not remove the Startup Folder -There are always items that are needed in there -

Not on my watch, I prefer Task Schedule, and I like to keep it clean and tide, like no icons on desktop and simple menu to use.

Anyway, the point of ondemand scanner is to run no process in the backround, I guess, that I missed this one, my bad. :lol: